HDi Power Loss Update

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the electrovalves interupt a vaccum pipe before it goes to its auctuator (eg wastegate,EGR valve) to control the amount of vaccum applied to it,they are controled by the injection ECU using an OCR which means the can allow varying amounts of vaccum not just full vac or no vac.
volcane305

Post by volcane305 »

Very latest,
Got car back today (was away for a week in courtesy Picasso)
New turbo fitted problem apparentley was traced to the diaphragm in the wastegate. I couldn't see the problem on the old turbo so felt like Judas with nowhere to stick my finger.
Car feels good now and on trip home refused to go below 50mpg average before a struggle to get more than 44 displayed.
Hard to get into a regular car after 1500 miles in the picasso I was very impressed.
Thanks all for Help.
case hopefully closed!!!
Dohnut
My Cars:

Post by Dohnut »

Hi just seen this topic.
Have a similar problem, my Citroen Xantia Hdi 110 has the Auto Diagnosis light on top speed is 80mph and top revs is restricted to 2800, started some time ago and was advised to drain the water from the filter first then change fuel filter, did this and cured the problem. some time later same again, lifted bonnet and found that the drain screw was leaking tried to tighten it made it worse, loosened it off and it stopped and fault cured. Or so I thought, Week ago same again 80mph 2500 max revs, found drain screw weeping again, tried to loosen and tighten still weeping, tried another fuel filter housing complete. When I loosened the new filter housing drain screw it poured out, took screw out to find o ring split tried new o ring but it still has a very small weep. Now reading about the turbo on this forum and the vacuum, I am not sure if I am on the right track with the problem. Sorry to go on so long, hope someone can help with advice.
Aggworld

Post by Aggworld »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dohnut</i>

Hi just seen this topic.
Have a similar problem, my Citroen Xantia Hdi 110 has the Auto Diagnosis light on top speed is 80mph and top revs is restricted to 2800, started some time ago and was advised to drain the water from the filter first then change fuel filter, did this and cured the problem. some time later same again, lifted bonnet and found that the drain screw was leaking tried to tighten it made it worse, loosened it off and it stopped and fault cured. Or so I thought, Week ago same again 80mph 2500 max revs, found drain screw weeping again, tried to loosen and tighten still weeping, tried another fuel filter housing complete. When I loosened the new filter housing drain screw it poured out, took screw out to find o ring split tried new o ring but it still has a very small weep. Now reading about the turbo on this forum and the vacuum, I am not sure if I am on the right track with the problem. Sorry to go on so long, hope someone can help with advice.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">