c5 HPI ENGINE FAULTS, gas conversion

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rick Blaine
New User
My Cars: Citroen c5

c5 HPI ENGINE FAULTS, gas conversion

Post by Rick Blaine »

I have a 2003 c5 exclusive HPI, for the past two years I have been having the usual HPI problems, engine shuts down, anti pollution EPS warning,s displayed, It's been to Citroen mechanic's and independent mechanic's and having spent a small fortune on replacement part's Ive just about had enough, The last mechanic changed the injectors and both petrol pump's but the problem persists, it seem's the only option would be to write it off and forget it. However, he suggested that by converting the engine to run on LPG would solve all the problem's and the car would be good again. Is this possible and has anybody done this?? I have read all the nightmare stories on other forums concerning c5 HPI and there is no mention of converting to gas to solve any problems. I have had the car from new, the first ten years have been great but now the scrap yard seem's the next journey.can someone please help.

Rick Blaine
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: c5 HPI ENGINE FAULTS, gas conversion

Post by Peter.N. »

The leather seats in my C5 came from an HPI, in the scrap yard with relatively few miles on it. I wouldn't normally recommend LPG as that can be complicated as well but if you can get a conversion for a reasonable price it might well be worth while.

Peter