Citroen C4 Vts Hdi vacuum circuit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard85

Citroen C4 Vts Hdi vacuum circuit

Post by Richard85 »

Hi, im trying to inspect my vacuum system due to performance issues, however i need some help. My car has the 2.0 16 valve hdi engine RHR 136bhp, does anyone know if this has a vacuum resevoir? Like a black box that stores vacuum? Also is the egr vacuum operated on this model? I had problems with rough running and blanking the egr sorted 99% of it. However if the egr is vacuum operated i think this is were my leak is, maybee the resevoir if it has one. Ive checked almost everywere else. If anyone has a diagram of the vacuum system that would be fantastic.

Many thanks
Richard
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Citroen C4 Vts Hdi vacuum circuit

Post by RichardW »

Post up the last 8 digits of the VIN and I'll have a look. I think the EGR on these is electric.
Richard W
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

It is an electric EGR. Also please note that the EGR is needed for the DPF to regen so blanking the EGR will eventually cause your DPF to get blocked.
http://www.axvtr.com/rhrvacuum.png

number 13 is the little reserve tank
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Richard85

Post by Richard85 »

Hi Chris, how will the egr blocked cause the dpf to block?
I dont disbelieve you mate, but after a lot of research i was lead to beleive that a faulty egr sticking open would be more likely to cause a blockage, but blanking it off is reducing soot exhaust, and clean air circulation, which in turn should lower particulate load on the filter. As the egr is not being used at higher rpm anyway like motorway cruising 2000 to 2500 rpm and this is were regen takes place? I dont beleive the egr raises exhaust gas temps neither for regen as the gases are cooled via the egr cooler.

I will have to remove the plate and get the valve cleaned etc if its going to cause problems :oops:

Thanks for your help on this Chris and also Richard its much appreciated.

Regards
Richard
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

Hiya,

I'm not an expert on DPF and EGR i'm just going from what I've read here http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappi ... V-HDI.html

They could of course be wrong about what they say (although the past 3 ECU's that have been done with them have been excellent) but I thought i'd give you a heads up....

Regarding the picture, it doesn't show it but there is a little Y piece joiner about 2 inches (maybe 3) from the reserve tank on the left, this split on my C5 causing no turbo (as no vacuum) and I only found it by manhandling it (then it broke in my hands) but by visual inspection it looked OK. If I was you I'd go and play with all the rubber ends and that join and see if you can find something amiss...
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
noobz
My Cars: Citroen c4 coupe 2.0hdi

Post by noobz »

I'm having a similar problem. When i stop the car i hear a farting noise for obout 3 seconds then there is a noise like a buzz. If i disconect any vacum line from the turbo/solenoid-valve the sound disapears. I checked the solenoid valve and seems to be ok. I replaced 2 rubber ends on the vacum lines witch i could pull verry easy . The results were massive in terms of performance. My car was seriously underpower under 2500rpm.

Is this vacuum diagram 100% acurate? I'm having the 2.0hdi RHR with FAP ( i had the FAP removed and EGR OFF operation) but from what i see this is diferent. I'm having the double intake and 2 intake flaps. 1 intake flap runs on a separat solenoid vacum valve and on the other solenoid valve on a separate circuit from the vacum pump i'm having another intake flap actuator, The turbo AND something witch i have no ideea what it is something under the intake ???!! From the Y splitter a line goes to that thing witch is imposible to work on without removing the whole intake. I am so desperate i am willing to order a Y piece and 3meters of silicon vacuum hose and temporary ignore all the existing lines.

I didn't see any vacumm line going to a reservoir aswell.