Xantia front brake hoses 2.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Xantia front brake hoses 2.

Post by harryp »

Hi all, I'm having a devil of a job trying to undo the steel pipe to flex hoses. Access is very limited as others have noted... I cannot get enough space to actually undo the already rounded nut, (so it has to be Mole grips and or my new Bachos :wink:) . How much of the car do I have to dismantle? Seems it may require the drive shaft and wishbone removing. The pipes and all nuts, bolts and anything within reach have been getting regular applications of Plus Gas for 2 weeks now and the whole thing is still seized up! Ever worse, the pipe into the flex appears badly necked, so I expect that to break. Next question is where is it routed to? I'm doing a computer disk swap at the moment so cannot access doc backup. All suggestions very welcome. Getting desperate :( .
Regards
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Xantia front brake hoses 2.

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I'm not sure about the space on the Xantia but with difficult pipe nuts I usually snip the pipe off at the nut then use a hex socket to undo it if there's enough of the flats left to get a grip. I've never been completely stuck but there is another type of socket that's self sizing that will undo even near round nuts.

An example here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CO029ZW?psc=1
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Re: Xantia front brake hoses 2.

Post by harryp »

Hi Gibbo, many thanks for the info :) . That looks a useful little tool, and I have 4 to do - but still leaves the access problem. Without pipe and a flare tool to hand, I'm stuck at the moment anyway, and do not feel like having to get hold of 4 new brake pipes :?, so would prefer to not snip all the pipes :wink: . There are other probs, speedo is reading random again, aircon is u/s at the mo, CV joint, wheel bearing and lower ball joint. Seems it is biting back and it has only done 130k or so. Still, need to sort it, get it back on the road and start on the Exclusive. Anyway, need :teabag: more of Malcoms percywhatsit and start again :) . Thanks,
Regards
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros