Picasso 2.0 HDI made 2004 HELP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Delivery_Driver
My Cars: Picasso 2.0HDI

Picasso 2.0 HDI made 2004 HELP

Post by Delivery_Driver »

Hello, I suspect these topics have been battered to death but please be kind as I am new...LOL
OK my situation is.
I bought a Picasso the other day ( Monday to be exact )
It started and drove well and no real issues for the price I paid.
Now I own it, I have not had any time what so ever to look at the car as I work weird shifts and need to sleep the hours I do not work.
So last night 16th July I thought I would start the car...well no chance
So I took battery inside and charged it overnight and this morning it said fully charged.
Cut a story short, battery on no power to turn engine fast enough.......
Jumped it off my micra after a while it started............Went to euro and bought a new battery
Starts fine now BUT....Radio goes bleep bleep bleep every few seconds when I switch it on and my central locking works fine with KEY IN DOOR
But does not work as remote key.
Got two keys, one did not start car but after a key programming routine It did.
Did a wait 3 mins after stopped car, removed battery lead, waited and reconnected after sidelights were switched on
Followed that OK but did not work.
Any ideas on a cheap fix lads and lasses as I can not afford to go to dealers. OR is that my only option.
Cheat fixes accepted...LOL
Thanks Steve
I think I know loads....BUT sometimes I need good advice.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Picasso 2.0 HDI made 2004 HELP

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

First, welcome to the Forum. Feel free to ask any questions, that is the main reason the Forum is here (well, that and to have a friendly chit chat).

Second, a good start would be to connect up a Lexia system. The Lexia can read Citroens (but the normal car readers cannot). Normally dealerships will do this, but will charge a fee (£50 is not unusual). However, there are forum members who have Lexia clones that will also do the job, and the members are much more understanding. Here is the link to the Lexia owning members. Take a look to see who is closest, and then ask them for help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Delivery_Driver

Here is the car,
Delivery_Driver

Hell Razor5543 wrote:First, welcome to the Forum. Feel free to ask any questions, that is the main reason the Forum is here (well, that and to have a friendly chit chat).

Second, a good start would be to connect up a Lexia system. The Lexia can read Citroens (but the normal car readers cannot). Normally dealerships will do this, but will charge a fee (£50 is not unusual). However, there are forum members who have Lexia clones that will also do the job, and the members are much more understanding. Here is the link to the Lexia owning members. Take a look to see who is closest, and then ask them for help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178
I really appreciate your help mate.
I love the car and want it to be my friend ...LOL
But Having taken this job at min wage for loads of hours I have not got time to work the problems out,,LOL
Good stamp of car though, good for grand kids and dogs.
Just hope something is not draining my battery
Cheers bud...Steve
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There are many forum members who will understand the situation you are in, having been in similar circumstances. If you ask for help the worst they can do is say no, but it is very likely somebody will say yes. What have you got to lose?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This does sound like the sort of issue you get if you have disconnected the battery and not fully followed the BSI reset procedure to reinitialise the system.

The radio beeping though is significant of it not being coded to the vehicle - do you know if the head unit (radio) has been changed and was it beeping when you picked the car up on day one or only since you have taken the battery off for charging?

If I remember correctly the battery is behind the front passenger seat in the floor well on these models. I would really suggest that you follow the following reset procedure FULLY and don't skip any parts. As the battery is in the car, you should be able to sit in it to compete the procedure, so skip the bit about the bonnet! Just don't open any doors or windows until it is complete, it might sound stupid, but if you open the doors or switch anything on it will wake the car's network up and the whole procedure will be in vain.

Try the following again and see how you go, note I have increased the times to minutes instead of seconds as often this is not enough time for the networks to sleep.

Put the drivers window down and lift the bonnet (leave the key in the ignition)
Ensure all equipment (stereo etc) is switched off
Ensure all doors are closed and reach through the window to remove the key from the ignition
Wait 3 minutes
Disconnect the battery and then wait 2 minutes.
Reconnect the battery and wait 1 minute (Do not open any doors)
Switch on the ignition (but don't start the engine) and check that all tests pass
Hold the lock button on the key down for 10 seconds
Remove the key, open the drivers door, close it and check the central locking works.
Start the engine and complete the systems check
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
'96 ZX 1.9TD SX, 81k new resurrection project saved from the scrapper

Post by ekjdm14 »

Agreed, the increased "sleep" waiting times are worthwhile and do make sure you touch nothing during the wait, I don't know how significant it is but we can judge when our 206 goes to sleep from the instrument panel, after a minute or so there's a slight almost imperceptible twitch from the gauges and that's it "gone to bed"...

Also something not mentioned is the jump starting, which I've been advised is not a good plan with a multiplexed car (one with a BSI). Hopefully a strictly observed BSI reset will cure the "fun" though. Don't know what you paid but it looks a clean motor and I do like that colour in particular.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, 81k