citroen c5 estate auto diesel 2002 advice please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jw1
New User
My Cars: Citroen c5 Auto Diesel Estate 2002

citroen c5 estate auto diesel 2002 advice please

Post by jw1 »

Hi All

I have just inherited a citroen c5 auto diesel estate 2002, exclusive?, smashing car and lovely drive, any help appreciated, as to any mechanics in Kent, near Dartford please if possible

It appears to have built in under the drivers seat,a 6 cd player, would this be factory fitted?
Can I link my mobile phone, (has it bluetooth installed) sometimes when I switch the ignition off it says traffic masters etc etc . Although I have a manual I cant find any details for this it has a Nav Tech Sat Nav, the cd slot for this, to the right of the steering wheel, can this be updated

Any Help appreciated

Many Thanks

jw1
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: citroen c5 estate auto diesel 2002 advice please

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome to the Forum JW1.

First off, the 6 CD player cartridge is likely to be factory fitted - it's the cartridge type, slide across lid and press button to eject cartridge. Your system is one of the first 'modern' Telematic units for that year, so although great for the time - is behind somewhat, by today's standards . You won't have Bluetooth funtionality with this system.

The car also had the TrafficMaster system. This is the unit that when activated (subscription based on earlier models), picks up the traffic data signals from the old blue boxes you could see dotted along the motorways and major roads. This would result in a slightly drunken lass telling you of the traffic issues, or would often come up with the Jonathan Ross "Twaffic Flowing Fweely" asnnouncement every so often. They were taken over by Teletrac who have diversified into tracking systems and Smart Nav systems now - so I wouldn't worry about the Trafficmaster as it is a bit defunct.

Your system will either be the RT3 or the VDO Dayton - I suspect the later - updates are not cheap, but here is the link:

http://citroen.navigation.com/product-l ... enEMEA/GBP

You'll have to post your VIN for clarification.

If you want a bluetooth solution without tearing up the system (the unit is more than just a stereo, it is also the interface to activate and deatcivate various functions and other car settings - so I would be cautious about replacing this type of head unit) then there is something like this that will handle bluetooth calls and audio streaming to an FM channel on the Radio:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ivation-Univer ... B00S1LMZEO

:-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cachaciero
My Cars:

Re: citroen c5 estate auto diesel 2002 advice please

Post by cachaciero »

2.0 or 2.2 hdi ?
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX