Right size led bulbs for rear of Xantia please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Right size led bulbs for rear of Xantia please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience of fitting LED
bulbs to the rear of their Xantia and know the right sizes to buy please?
I gather they all come in different depths shapes and sizes and
it might be some time before I arrive at the right ones with several trips
to the auto factors in the process.
any ideas anyone please?

regards.

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Right size led bulbs for rear of Xantia please?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've never changed the rear Brake, Tail or Fogs as these can be a distraction to drivers behind you, as they can be very bright at night if you don't get it right - all the ones I attempted to fit, I had comments from friends saying they thought they were too bright - so I only ever fit the legal 'E' approved stop, tail & brake lamps (you can get slightly brighter ones from Halfrauds which are legal and 'E' approved).

I have only fitted reversing LEDs at the rear to help with seeing behind the vehicle in the dark. For these, just check what type and size your original bulb is and scour the bay for an equivalent that will fit and is CANBUS error free (although the Xantia isn't a CAN vehicle, get these anyway, just to prevent flickering - as these are lower wattage and can cause problems - you don't really want to be messing about with resistors). Ditto for the other bulbs, but I don't think they are legal / approved to fit if the original fitting is for an incandescent bulb). I know Osram are trying to challenge this as they see it as a safety improvement over older types of bulbs.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc