Workshop Manual in Electronic Format?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philhoward

Workshop Manual in Electronic Format?

Post by philhoward »

Does such a thing exist, i.e. a Genuine Citroen one?
Previous cars I've had you can get (sometimes through illegal channels) the mfrs workshop manuals - has anyone ever got one for the Xantia in PDF or similar format? I'd happily pay twice the cost of the Haynes BOL for one.
Off-post replies welcome...
edd001
My Cars:

Post by edd001 »

have you asked Citroen anout getting one as most dealerships will sell them. nut be warned they are a lot of money.(anything from about £100 up)
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Yep - won't be a problem getting a workshop manual - only the cost may scare you off.
They are literally fat books - or a CD crammed with info. No wonder Citroen tries to get some expenses back on this work - as technical documentation is expensive to create. Hence the copyright - not to prevent you from knowing about any "secrets".
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Sounds useful to have.
Anyone got one on a private ftp site?
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

There's a Xantia manual in pdf on it's way. I've scanned about 75% of it. Just the last bit to go. Watch this space !
noz[8D]
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by noz</i>

There's a Xantia manual in pdf on it's way. I've scanned about 75% of it. Just the last bit to go. Watch this space !
noz[8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Excellent! Hope it's got all the bits that the Haynes BOL misses out!
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Way to go Noz!
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

I was away last couple of months. What happened with this issue?
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I'm keen to know too! As, I suspect, will be many others...
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Hey guys,
I have a Xantia manual PDF document I downloaded from filesharing a few months ago-only trouble is that it's 170mb. I think it covers petrol and diesel but I'll have to check that. I could possibly share it as a bit torrent file if I can find a tracker to host or I could set up an ftp server on my home pc, although my upload is only around 12kb/s so it would take a few hours for someone to download it although I'm happy to leave the unit on for as many hours as it takes?
Edit just noticed you're after the official Citroen one and not the Haynes manual. Well the offer still stands.
Jon

Post by Jon »

You <i>can</i> get this sort information on most later Citroens from Citroen themselves. They are actually required to provide the Aftermarket with this information following deregulation.[:)] Lastertec is for the use of the Independent Repairer.
I am obliged to state that <font color="blue">"Citroen Lasertec is intended for professional automotive repairers strictly within the framework of their professional activity of automotive repair or maintenance (refer to General Conditions of Sale")
</font id="blue">
If you go to http://lasertec.citroen.com/ (I'd suggest clicking the Union flag at the bottom of the page unless your French is superb) all will be revealed, although I must warn that you must register, then pay to either view infomation, or get it on DVD.
You will find repair techniques, wiring diagrams and dealer tech updates ("Info Diag") if you are prepared to pay and join[?]
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Depends on how much it is...Group Buy anyone? The contents page PDF (about all you can view) looks like EVERYTHING!!!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I'm certainly interested, it just depends on cost naturally.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

My search on the Overnet (E-donkey) P2P gave 8 current hits - mostly pdf:d Haynes. Will check again later - the input varies depending on who's coupled up. I also got 2 hits on XM wiring and electricals.
//NiSk
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

<i>Xantia genuine citroen factory manual in .pdf on CD</i>
Just a quick update. I've scanned 1600 pages so far but I'm short of the electrical section which I'm still trying to source.
I'll keep you posted on progress. If I manage to get a hold of the electrical section the manual should be in place in a few weeks.
Cheers
noz