recondition xantia corrector

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

monsak
My Cars:

recondition xantia corrector

Post by monsak »

I went to my garage yesterday.He said that ,In xantia , it is impossible to open and clean height corrector because in xantia there is plastic plate within corrector that easily break down when open corrector.I wonder that is it truely?
thank you very much
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

[?][?]
- new to me
I thought the Xantia height corrector was the same specie as usual - found on all previous hydraulic citroens.
My guess is your garage simply wants to sell & fit a new HC - and then don't think you should try bother with the old one.
I'd definately try if the HC is a standard type - possible to dismantle and clean.
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

"I'd definately try if the HC is a standard type - possible to dismantle and clean"
and if you want to know how to do it I have copies of two excellent postings that Anders made on another board describing removal and service of HCs (on a BX)and with his permission I could post them or e-mail them to you. I saved them in case I ever had to do it- lukily not had to do it yet!!
PhilW
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I don't claim any copyrights Phil [;)]
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

No, but credit where credit's due!! - and they are your "intellectual property"!!!!!!
Phil