My new Xantia...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Alex -
For the sake of completeness :
the author's XM pages mentions a DC voltage controlling the HA1 electrovalve (early XM's). This is not correct. The HA1 electrovalve is controlled in a similar way as the HA2 - but with a much lower frequency (down in the audio range).
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Thx Anders.
As I said, don't believe to every Nastasic's/Gabor's word.
Description of the anti-sink system working principle is also slightly incorrect by the way...
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Errhh Alex -
What part of the antisink text is at wrong - as I had a hard time making my logic understand most of the antisink chapter description ?
(this is where I find the description un-necessarily complex [8)])
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Have found a place reasonably local to me who's quite happy to have a look at the hydractive for me...Citronome in Derby. Has anyone had any dealings with them? His first suspision is that I could have a duff 3rd sphere, hence making no difference between hard and soft modes, but also has a spare working ECU to try in case. He reckons he can do a check over for around £30 (plug-in diagnosis).
I know when i'm out of the bounds of my knowledge/diagnosis skills and would want to seek the opinion of someone who knows...just want to make sure i do actually speak to someone who DOES know (no offence to all the help i've had off this site - it's been very helpful). Sometimes a physical look is required?
Comments, anyone?