Bodging a Berlingo.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TopBananaRacing
My Cars: Citroen Berlingo 1.6 Petrol 2004

Bodging a Berlingo.

Post by TopBananaRacing »

The fun continues.........
Having fixed the wipers (thanks guys) I've moved on to the other (many) woes plaguing the poor old Berlingo now named Kenny)
I'd put up some photos but it seems hideously complicated? Or am I just a moron?
Kenny was bought for not much more than the price of a good night out, to fix up and take to France for use at our future retirement home (currently a barn). Being French, spares and repairs will be easy once he's there and being a Berlingo, he'll be a car, van, people carrier, load lugger and maybe even Camper van.
Anyhow, I digress......
Next on the list was the alleged overheating which occurred approx 5 minutes after starting so IMHO was unlikely to be real overheating. At 5 mins the gauge would rush to the red, the stop light would come on as would the extra fans etc etc, a quick check with the laser temp gun shows that he was barely 60 degrees!
Went the whole hog and replaced both temp senders and the thermostat as all together they were less than £20, Gotta love these prices, you should try classic VWs for rip off charges.
That fixed the entire problem, temp gauges working fine, no extra fans, heaters working fine, problem solved. The PO had decided the head gasket was the cause, hence the price of the car.
Next was the distinct lack of demisting air, simple fix as the cable connection had been broken by PO, cable tie and a small hole drilled in the housing fixed that.
Changed oil and filters all round as well, again less than £20 for all the filters!!! You guys don't know how lucky you are.
Next job is going to be a stereo, anyone got a spare one they don't want?
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Re: Bodging a Berlingo.

Post by van ordinaire »

These are the kind of posts I like, simple, human, cheering.

As for the stereo, you might be in realms of car specific OE ones.

Wish I could let you have the one that's in my C15, which is fine, just don't like it - but don't have time to replace it with the one that's meant for the 2CV.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Post by BenC5HDi »

It's easy enough to fit a non-oem head unit in a Berlingo. Just make sure you swap the red and yellow power leads on the connectors.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I had to replace the stereo on my C5, and I got a replacement from my local scrapyard for £15. I did also have to 'introduce' it to the C5, otherwise it beeped every couple of seconds.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!