immobilizer fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: immobilizer fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Paul-R wrote:
john 1952 wrote:... remote controls on steering wheel...
Are they on the steering wheel boss or on a separate stalk on the right?
They are on the Steering Wheel Boss on this car according to the Docs Paul.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Regarding the Car networks, the restyled XSARA has three:
  • Multiplexed Networks Comfort VAN
  • Multiplexed Networks VAN CAR
  • Multiplexed Networks CAN
The Anti-Theft Alarm system is on the same COMFORT VAN as both the Multi Function Screen, the Audio System and the Compact Disc Changer (which I assume you have not fitted)
So it is feasible that any change (accidental or otherwise) to the wiring whilst changing the audio system over could have an impact on the anti theft system. It is also odd that the issues happened straight after changing the unit over - so not beyond the realms of possibility I would say.
I would retrace your steps, put the old radio back in and carefully go through with the Lexia first, to check the configuration is correct and see if that helps any.

Marc
john 1952

Post by john 1952 »

hi mark, i didn't enable the cd changer, i don't know about the multifuntion screen,i didnt notice it, but i would not have thought about that !! i have uninstalled cd tonight, and reinstalled cassette player, but still have the same problems, i noticed the o/s/rear door wont open from inside, or outside tonight, but i don't think that could be the cause ? i was going through diagnosis again and tried"BSI +engine ECU initiation!", i put the code in when asked, it said, BSI locked, try again in 15 minutes, i did so, and got the same result ! i also tried to put code in" engine ECU initialization," got message no response from engine ECU, the player you show is the one i coded, and the remote controls did work with it,(they are on steering wheel)do you know what is the worst scenario to correct this please, many thanks, regards, john.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so now I'm concerned, as that option I suspect is for the pairing of the BSI and Engine ECU - and you really shouldn't have touched that at all! Hopefully, it will have blocked you from changing anything as you can only code these once and that's it. Don't change anything you're not sure of as it can have disastrous consequences.

The only thing you need do is complete a Global Test first, clear any faults, then find your way to the relevant menu to check the parameters of the Audio System and the multifunction screen. So you didn't code the CD-Changer, that's good. Just check what you have in the multi function screen parameters.

If you have everything back to normal, you really should do a BSI reset next, procedure as follows: Follow it exactly without skipping.
  • Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
  • Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
  • Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait at least a minute.
  • Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further minute (do not open doors).
  • Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
  • Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
  • Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
  • Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
  • Start the engine and complete the system's check.
  • Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.
Let us know what happens when you have completed this in terms of whether it has fixed any of the issues.

Marc
john 1952

Post by john 1952 »

hi Mark, done another global test, but because faults are permanent, it wont clear them ! BSI faults are the same, but when i try to clear them i get, communication fault with alarm ECU, and communication fault between the built-in systems interface (BSI) and the ECUs on the bodywork van ! also, on injection, i am getting permanent fault, inlet air temp. signal can value not plausible, but i dont think that would stop it starting ! i also tried to reset alarm, but got message, no dialogue with ecu. i tried to reset the bsi as your instructions, but still have non start ! with car unlocked, alarm warning in hazard switch is off, when locked it flashes aprox. every second, when i try to start it, it flashes continuous !what are your thoughts on my next step,? what if i obtained a bsi and ecu from a scrap car, that was a known runner when scraped ? do you think that would work, or would i still have problems with the alarm, ? many thanks for your help and patience ! regards, john.