car fault code reader e bay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colin machin
My Cars: citroen c5 2007 and 2002 c5 hdi

car fault code reader e bay

Post by colin machin »

has any one bought a fault code reader of ebay and was it any good .my car is a c5 2007 diesel thanks
C5 2007 HDI
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: car fault code reader e bay

Post by Stickyfinger »

Pointless for a C5 unless it is a LEXIA system.

If it is a Lexia then it seems C5's do well with the china clones but can often not be updated to later cars. Mine (a clone) worked for my Mk1 and Mk1 facelift as well as my present C5x7 (2009)....it hates my Activa (97) as well as a Pug 306 and a Berlingo.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: car fault code reader e bay

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you get a generic code reader, it MAY be able to delete a few common fault codes - but don't expect to do much else with it. You probably won't be able to do any actuation tests, or read many of the other ECUs that are unique to the PSA group. Look at it this way - it you are going to keep your car and possibly have any more Citroen / Peugeots in the future look on it as an investment. If you want to be able to fully depressurise the suspension, bleed the system, turn off the electronic parking brake (I know this isn't on your model) perform actuation tests and look at live data, code some new parts, enable / disable any functions - then you will need a Lexia / Diagbox to do this. If you are going to take the plunge, I would strongly suggest you get one from the UK - many members have purchaed from Easy Diagnostics, as the backup service has been excellent by all accounts. Just make sure you ask for Diagbox V7.58 if you do go ahead, as this is the most stable for older and newer cars - and should do all the PSA cars up to November 2015. Some of the newer cersions have had some functionality removed and have issues working on some older cars.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc