Xantia Activa Turbo Coolant Hoses

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ken w
My Cars:

Xantia Activa Turbo Coolant Hoses

Post by ken w »

Hi Folks,

There are two coolant hoses feeding the turbo that are listed with part number as 131781 and 037109 but have been NFP for some years.

Has anyone worked out a substitute for these two hoses as I think mine are starting to drip?

Any ideas on a replacement for the engine heat exchanger hose 1307FL as well?

Is there anyone making silicon hoses for these yet?

Cheers,

Ken W
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Re: Xantia Activa Turbo Coolant Hoses

Post by bxzx16v »

These maybe of help. http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
ken w
My Cars:

Post by ken w »

Thanks Mark for the lead,

I found a supplier in Australia who makes/on-sells these hoses and I bought 2 x 9.5 mm right angle hoses from them. I had to trim a cm or so off each end to fit them and they did the job admirably.

I learned quite a bit about the engine layout by taking off the two air induction pipes to the turbo. Both the turbo oil and coolant pipes are bolted on top of each other to the bottom of the lower induction pipe. It was much easier to fit the top hose with the coolant pipe loose - hose onto coolant pipe than down onto turbo coolant pipe and make sure the hose is not too long or it is difficult to reattach it to the induction pipe to its mounts.

I had the RHS driveshaft out which made it much easier to get into and replace the lower hose which goes onto the coolant manifold on the back of the block.

Cheers, Ken.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Interesting! In the UK I've never known one of these hoses to fail...

What caused yours to fail?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...