Xsara Picasso Alarm Lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hilldweller
My Cars:

Xsara Picasso Alarm Lights

Post by hilldweller »

Hi Everyone

I was rudely awakened by an orange flashing on the bedroom wall last night to discover it was my 2003 Xsara Picasso.

When I lock the car it flashes the indicator lights as expected, but then after a few minutes alternates between the quick flashes usually seen when locking the car, followed shortly after by a slower flash.

Anyone here know what could be causing this? I don't like leaving it unlocked for a good night's sleep. :?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso Alarm Lights

Post by wheeler »

Try taking the battery out of the key temporarily in case its a faulty key to rule it out, has the key been dropped in water recently ??
Does it still do it if you lock the door with the key in the door lock ?
has anybody spilled any drinks on the dash on the little bit behind the steering wheel ? lift the little rubber mat up to check for signs of any spillage, if anything is spilled here the holes under the rubber mat are conveniently right above the BSI & liquid can go right in & cause loads of strange electrical problems.
hilldweller
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso Alarm Lights

Post by hilldweller »

Wheeler thanks for the reply.

The fob key is in poor shape, it's pretty much disintegrating with buttons falling off and such. I've been using the spare for a while which only allows a traditional method of locking the doors. :wink:

The trouble is, sometimes it seems to work fine and doesn't blink for hours, then all of a sudden at say, 2 am, it'll start flashing as though locking and unlocking itself.