antipollution fault occurs on the display, then also esp/asr not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gregstevens1973
My Cars: citron 2,2 c5

antipollution fault occurs on the display, then also esp/asr not working

Post by gregstevens1973 »

After a short distance of driving, the antipollution fault occurs on the display, then also esp/asr not working etc accompanied by lots of warning bells, then it disables cruise control and eventually feels like it is going into limp home mode.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: antipollution fault occurs on the display, then also esp/asr not working

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You will need to get it to somone with a Lexia - for confirmation of the problems. As it's an older car, the Eolys additive fluid may need topping up - or the Diesel Particulate Filter itself could be clogged or need cleaning out / renewing / or a forced regeneration cycle - all of these will reduce engine performance until they are resolved.

Do you know when the Eolys was last topped up?
How many miles has it done?
What sort of journeys do you do? - i.e. lots of short trips of less than 30 minutes or motorway drives?
The ESP / ASR are symptomatic of the engine problem and will likely go away when the main issue is addressed.

If you can get it checked with a Lexia, this should be able to tell you how full the DPF is and that may be a pointer as to where to go next.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
gregstevens1973
My Cars: citron 2,2 c5

Post by gregstevens1973 »

its had a forced regeneration cycle its on 199364 miles i do a lot of driving long trips no idea Eolys was last topped up and i dont no wear or who has a Lexia,thanks for the help and also i have unplugged the coolant temp censer and still wont start when hot
greg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

OK well if you've got both issues at the same time, it's important to get the DPF issues resolved before looking at anything else - important to put this and the non-starting issue both in one post as one could be symptomatic of the other.

Check this link for members with Lexia kits who may be willing to help and who are near you - send them a PM - but be aware not all of them are on the Forum all the time, so a replay might take a while:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178

Regarding the particualte filter - that is probably way past expected life of the filter - if it is the original one. They usually need replacing at about 125,000 miles or so but depends on driving conditions - but others have successfully removed and cleaned them out.
Without getting too complicated - there are only so many times the filter can regenerate as it will slowly clog with soot over time. Once it reaches about 95% it will be beyond regeneration and will need replacing (or cleaning). Now the antipollution light may of course just mean theat the Eolys additive (which is injected iinto the fuel periodically to assist with the regeneration process) may just need topping up - which should be done at specified intervals - depending on your vehicle. This is where you need somebody with a Lexia who can read the system to see the estimated Eolys and filter blockage status. You may just need an additive top up so that it can perform a regeneration.

Don't go down the road of having the DPF removed as it will fail the MOT, as there are checks in place to look out for this (apart from the health perspective). :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc