Lexia woes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

exasperated
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 3 litre

Lexia woes

Post by exasperated »

Hello all, my last post was about my C5 3litre turning over but not firing. The near-by auto-electrician, using Bosch diagnostic equipment was only able to identify the problem as far as it could either be a fault in the main fuse box [the one next to the battery] or the engine control unit. Whilst he was busy with this I acquired a Lexia 3 diagbox 8.17. Unfortunately he was unable to load the software onto any of his computers, so the Lexia was of no use there. He made a temporary connection, and I was able to bring the car back home [after 5 weeks].
I then placed the Lexia in the hands of our local computer boffin, who was able to load the software onto my lap-top. But here is the problem with Easy Diagnostic, the supplier of Lexia, their instructions accompanying the device are worse than unless. It was only by him contacting Sharon of Easy Diagnostics directly was some light thrown on this matter.
So if anyone experience's difficulties with their Lexia look no further than the supplier's instructions.
I have still to see if I will be able to solve the non starting problem, otherwise it is back to the auto-electrician.
Regards, Dennis.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Lexia woes

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Like all computer hardware / software, it will be down to your own understanding of ICT. The Lexia itself was never intended for home users - it is a professional PSA system intended for use by authorised garages. The systems we are able to buy are cloned devices and 'modified' software to enable the DIY mechanic to maintain their vehicles as so many elements require the diagnostic tool to fix. Therefore they are not 'officially' supported and there are no manuals on this for the home user as each PC setup and operating system is different and will affect the installtion of Diagbox in different ways. That is why we have quite extensive threads here on the Lexia / Diagbox.

Having said that, and because V8.17 is a newer version completely, it can be very complicated to to install to make it work with a version 7 profile. To be honest, it would be better if you installed V7.57 which as all the features needed for your C5 and all the functionality - some of which has and is being removed in later versions. The V7.57 is a lot simpler to install, whereas V8.17 needs a few more steps. But again, remember this is not 'commercial' software - it has been modified by car enthusiasts for the benefit of all and the software is freely available without charge.

Unless you have a 2015 or newer car, there is really little point in using Diagbox V8.xx as more of the manual telecoding features are being moved online. That is another reason why I downgraded my own version back to V7.57. :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc