C1 2006-2010 Servicing guide

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

C1 2006-2010 Servicing guide

Post by BenC5HDi »

Tools needed :

16 mm plug socket on long extension.
15mm socket for sump plug removal.
10mm socket for coil pack removal.

Spark Plugs
Oil filter.
Air filter

3.2 Litres of your chosen brand of oil.

Put car in ramps or stands.

Get under it.

Place oil drain tray under oil filter. It's at the rear left of the engine as you look at it from the front (UK drivers side). It's very obvious where. Remove the oil filter. A pair of oil filter pliers or big mole grips will suffice as it's a very small filter.

Once the filter is off, place the oil drain tray under the sump plug. Undo it with a 15mm socket. Drain the oil.

While the oil is draining...

Unclip air filter housing clips. Remove air filter insert. Pop spring clip off the air pipe on the throttle body and wiggle air filter housing off the top of the engine, pay close attention to the small breather tube from the rocker cover.

You can now see the 3 coil packs on top of the spark plugs.

Undo the 10mm bolt holding each coil pack down. Wiggle them gently off the plugs and put them out the way.

Use a 16mm plug socket on a long extension to remove the spark plugs.

Using the plug socket and the extension only, wind each new plug in finger tight to prevent cross - threading.

Tighten the plugs to the recommended torque setting of 21lb/ft or 28nm. For the first time ever, I did this today rather than just "tight". I have no idea how important it is...

Once the plugs are in, pop the coil packs back on top of each one and tighten the 10mm bolts down to hold them in place.

You can now refit the air filter assembly - reverse is the opposite of removal. Make sure you get the pipe for the air intake and the breather in place. Put a new filter insert in and clip the lid back in place.

Get back under the car. Put the sump plug back in. I did not use a new washer as it appears to have a nice fibre one, which was in good nick. YMMV.

Ensure sump plug is correctly tightened.

Wipe all the oil drips off the sump and the bolt at the rear of the right hand wishbone :)

Refill with fresh clean oil. I used a measuring jug, a funnel, and put in exactly 3.2 litres as per the book. Started it up, let it idle. Check for leaks. Leave 10 mins, check oil level. 3.2 litres is exactly right.

Drop it off the ramps.

Check brake fluid
Check tyres - pressure and damage
Top up screen wash
With a helper if necessary, check all lights - Mine needed a brake light bulb.
Remove a wheel and check brake pad levels.

Job done.

This post was brought to you by a miserable git, with thanks to James HellRazor for his assistance.
Last edited by BenC5HDi on 27 Apr 2016, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: C1 2006-2010 Servicing guide

Post by daviemck2006 »

And it probably took as long to write the guide as it took to do it![emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C1 2006-2010 Servicing guide

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I found that, when refitting the air filter box, it was easier (to get the filter lined up) if the air filter was in the top half (the bit that comes off) than the bottom half, as it all then went together nice and cleanly.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!