Citroen XM 2.0 16v Not Starting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chris8189
My Cars: Citroen XM S2 2.0 auto

Citroen XM 2.0 16v Not Starting

Post by chris8189 »

Hi Guys,

This is my first proper post on these forums, other than introducing myself in the new members thread. So here it goes;

I have a 1998 Citroen XM 2.0 16v petrol (auto gearbox) that I have not managed to start in two weeks. When it was running, it ran fine apart from at kick-down when I pressed the accelerator pedal down briskly to make it up a steep bank, and the engine would 'buck', 'judder', however you wish to describe it for a second, and then return back to normal.

The engine turns over on the key, however it won't fire up. When I open the driver's door, I can't hear the fuel pump priming at all, which should be able to be heard. All I can hear are relays clicking under the bonnet. I can't see any spark at the plugs, nor am I able to operate the fuel pump 'manually' by running cable straight from the battery to the electrical terminals on the pump.

I have a Lexia clone and DiagBox installed on a laptop running Windows XP, which connects to the car without any issues and reads the various parts of the car's engine management system. Running the software and tapping into the cars 'Anti-Theft' ECU brings up the faults seen in the attached photo that I took. See below. These are permanent and can'r be cleared.

It seems to be that the keypad immobilizer is not sending a signal to the engine ECU, once the key code has been entered. However once the code has been entered into the keypad, the LED changed from red to green as it should, so the keypad itself seems to be functioning correctly. Any ideas on what the "re-supply relay" is, and where it may be located? I've researched 'Citroen XM re-supply relay' on Google, which brought up a total of three web pages; none of which were much help.

Any help from any XM experts, or Citro-nuts in general who might have a clue as to what the fault might be that is causing the car not to start, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,

Chris
chris8189
My Cars: Citroen XM S2 2.0 auto

Re: Citroen XM 2.0 16v Not Starting

Post by chris8189 »

Anyone out there that may know where the problem lies?