2011 C5 Service schedule -Confused!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: 2011 C5 Service schedule -Confused!!

Post by Paul-R »

GiveMeABreak wrote:Paul, the display only functions for a few secs after the ignition is turned on and when there is less than 1900 miles to next service and again at less than 600 miles and is based on both time elapsed and distance covered since last service. Once you go past due, message is displayed telling you miles passed due date and the spanner stays lit at bottom of display.
Ah, that explains it. Even with the 2,000 odd miles I've just put on it after the hols to France it's only 7,000 miles and 4 months since the last service.
GiveMeABreak wrote:Summarised above for those that don't have their handbooks handy! :roll: :lol: but otherwise more details on page 37.
Still working my way through the handbook: page by page with occasional diversion deeper when required.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: 2011 C5 Service schedule -Confused!!

Post by Paul-R »

myglaren wrote:Have they done away with the underseat trays on the later model.
Yep, just like other useful bits such as the secondary sun visors, proper armrests on the seats, plastic clip on the screen for tickets, proper pouch on the rear of the seats, proper covers for the oddments pouches in the back of the Tourer, two extra bands of FM station frequencies saved on the radio, decent position for the rear centre console 12v supply that isn't inaccessible when the rear seats are down...

I've no doubt there are more but I can't understand why they change some things when they have reached near perfection in design and execution.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​