C15 pedal box

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

C15 pedal box

Post by van ordinaire »

The day after I finally got hard-to-find front hub carrier fitted & an MoT - I broke the throttle pedal; that was back in January.

Having obtained the equally hard-to-find pedal box the same garage said they wouldn't be able to do the job after all.

Can't find anywhere else (in Torbay) so, with time running out before Citromobile, just how do I do the job? While it appears to be, largely, a nut'n'bolt job, access is an issue, both inside & under the bonnet.

I understand that it's not an uncommon failing - so someone must've already done the job.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C15 pedal box

Post by RichardW »

My service box doesn't give a procedure, but the book time is only 1.5 hours, so it can't be that hard!!
Richard W
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

Update: it involves, removing the parcel shelves (& possibly the console) s& disconnecting the steering column - plus the obvious throttle, clutch & brake.

Found some one prepared to take it on & it did take them 1 1/2 hours (I reckon it would've taken me a day) BUT hadn't noticed the clutch pedal had slipped along the shaft when off the vehicle - so it all had to come off again. That proved too much for the plastic fitting that attaches the throttle cable to the pedal, by which time it was too late (on a Saturday afternoon) to get a new cable - & I was going away the following w/e. It was cobbled up to allow me to get it home & deal was they would get another cable & fit it when I got back. Only trouble is all their usual suppliers said it was Citroen only part, so they didn't get one. I tried local GSF who just said they didn't have one, but my local factors came up with a universal cable kit for that engine although agreed it would be better to try & get the right one. Main dealer in Torquay said they could get one in 24 hours - at a scary price, payable in advance! Bit the bullet, did the business over the 'phone & they were actually a little better than their word. Collected cable , took it home, threw it in C15 & nursed it back to the place that did the job. About another 1 1/2 hours to fit that (even the OE one isn't model specific, so requires some fitting of ferrules, etc - even have to insert the inner in the outer!). Drove it home, worked fine, drove down up to Dover - Citromobile bound - no problems, in fact seemed better than ever. Came back, via Berlin & Essen, all good. Now performs better than it did when I got it AND, despite some very hard driving, even seems fuel consumption is somewhat improved - not that checks have been very scientific!

Cost more than I'd hoped (& the incidentals - like having to use the Cadillac for a couple of European trips - probably equalled that) but it's all done now, I'm really pleased with the outcome - & it's one job I'm glad I didn't tackle myself - except for the sense of achievement that usually gives.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Although probably no help ( ! ) the actual components should be the same as the Visa and potentially the same as early (as in D plate or older) 205's
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'99 Cadillac Seville STS

Post by van ordinaire »

If you mean the pedal box, yes the Pug one might've been easier to find BUT what a performance if you found out it didn't.

As for the cable, the OE one seems to fit all applications of that engine, the factors' kit supposedly fits all PSA products using it, even x-refs. with O.E. C15 one (which doesn't actually exist) although it's not listed as an application. However I'm very chary of anything described as or purporting to be "universal" as I've learnt generally means fits nothing.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado