C3 1.4 HDI EXCLUSIVE 2003 Management light worries

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mlocky657
My Cars: Citroen c3 1.4 hdi exclusive 146000

C3 1.4 HDI EXCLUSIVE 2003 Management light worries

Post by mlocky657 »

Hi all as u may or may not be aware i had a problem with my air flow pressure from the turbo which was simple an air flow pipe disconnected. Had no problems with it since that until today. Now today Ive changed my front disks and pads everything went well, gone out for a drive only approximately 4 miles into the drive i was doing around 50mph and the engine management light came on and lose of power was immediately evident this continued for about 15 seconds then the e/management light went off but it seem like there was a lack of turbo. I immediately thought that the air flow pipe had come off again. But after about another 30 seconds of lake of power it came back. Since this happened we drove for about another 5 miles with not a problem all the way home. since this happened its not happened again although I've not been back out. Has anyone any ideas or think of any reason why this may of happened? Thanks.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C3 1.4 HDI EXCLUSIVE 2003 Management light worries

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I would take a look in the Lexia locations thread, and contact any owners near to you. The EML can come on for a variety of reasons, and guessing won't help. The Lexia can (at least) show you any error codes generated, and these could help determine the issue;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mlocky657
My Cars: Citroen c3 1.4 hdi exclusive 146000

Re: C3 1.4 HDI EXCLUSIVE 2003 Management light worries

Post by mlocky657 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I would take a look in the Lexia locations thread, and contact any owners near to you. The EML can come on for a variety of reasons, and guessing won't help. The Lexia can (at least) show you any error codes generated, and these could help determine the issue;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178
Cheers i have a friend who is close to me with 1, hes helped me out already but I dont like to rely on the generosity of others but I understand totally about the guessing. :wink: