[CLOSED] OT : Any Windows MCSEs out there?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: [CLOSED] OT : Any Windows MCSEs out there?

Post by CitroJim »

GiveMeABreak wrote:I know - that's really meaningful isn't it... ](*,)

In case this is a cry for help Steve...
Close the dialogue box
Go to control panel and select 'Clock, Language Region'
Then go to the Administrative tab
Then hit the 'change system locale' button
Then change this to English United States
Apply and restart your PC
Windows update should complete the upgrade.
Later, you can always change this back to English UK once the upgrade has completed. :-D
When I see things like this I just loose the will and thank every deity in the universe for Linux... An error screen like that and the convoluted way around it is just unforgivable in this day and age. It might have been marginally acceptable in Windows 3 but 25 years on, no!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

GiveMeABreak wrote:I know - that's really meaningful isn't it... ](*,)

In case this is a cry for help Steve...
Close the dialogue box
Go to control panel and select 'Clock, Language Region'
Then go to the Administrative tab
Then hit the 'change system locale' button
Then change this to English United States
Apply and restart your PC
Windows update should complete the upgrade.
Later, you can always change this back to English UK once the upgrade has completed. :-D
No, I don't have W10 and If I had and saw this it would be replaced by Linux faster than you can say it :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: No, I don't have W10 and If I had and saw this it would be replaced by Linux faster than you can say it :)
I 100% agree with that Steve...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

And there was me thinking Steve has taken the plunge and upgraded to Windows 10 - not! :-D
@ Jim / Steve: You're both right of course - a ridiculous situation to be in these days. I have undertaken 1000s of OS installs over the years, but the worst of all had to be Win 7 and the dreaded update failures. You would think they would simply update the Windows Update Agent to the correct version and scrub all the erroneous updates that cause the knock on failures, so subsequent installs bypass all the dodgy updates and go straight to the correct ones. But no, we have to go through all the pain again and all the fixes and all the work arounds every time. Sometimes you can be lucky and have no issues, but most of the time they always get stuck needing remedial action.

But I have to admit the 'Something went wrong' message is a complete joke for saying we haven't got a clue what's wrong! Oooops! :spineyes:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

GiveMeABreak wrote: the worst of all had to be Win 7 and the dreaded update failures.
Cor yes! I've encountered that enough in my professional life :evil:

Worst if you built a 2008R2 Server from scratch and applied updates before installing Service Pack 1. A BSOD was the result and no way out except a rebuild...

I hate IT :evil:
Jim

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

GiveMeABreak wrote:And there was me thinking Steve has taken the plunge and upgraded to Windows 10 - not! :-D
@ Jim / Steve: You're both right of course - a ridiculous situation to be in these days. I have undertaken 1000s of OS installs over the years, but the worst of all had to be Win 7 and the dreaded update failures. You would think they would simply update the Windows Update Agent to the correct version and scrub all the erroneous updates that cause the knock on failures, so subsequent installs bypass all the dodgy updates and go straight to the correct ones. But no, we have to go through all the pain again and all the fixes and all the work arounds every time. Sometimes you can be lucky and have no issues, but most of the time they always get stuck needing remedial action.

But I have to admit the 'Something went wrong' message is a complete joke for saying we haven't got a clue what's wrong! Oooops! :spineyes:

Well it is April 1st. I think someone is on a wind up. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote:Well it is April 1st. I think someone is on a wind up. :)
No, 100% genuine... Seen it with my own eyes...
Jim

superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

C'mon guys ... close it down now for everyones sake #-o
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

xantiamanic wrote:C'mon guys ... close it down now for everyones sake #-o
OK, will do...
Jim