Berlingo - spare switch !!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

The Dog Walker
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch

Berlingo - spare switch !!

Post by The Dog Walker »

My dad has arrived for a few days with his Berlingo (2011). He has a 'spare' switch and doesn't know what it is and the van didn't come with an owners manual so he's struggling a little to work out what it is. It's a little rocker switch that has an integral red indicator light that doesn't illuminate. Ins below and slightly left of the headlamp height adjuster. My guess is parking sensor cut off, it doesn't have sensors. Anyone know ? Cheers
The Dog Walker

Re: Berlingo - spare switch !!

Post by The Dog Walker »

He's off home again today. Anyone know what the switch is ?
Bick

Post by Bick »

We need more info mate did your dad get it new if not what was it used for before - who owned it?

A pic of the switch may help?
The Dog Walker

Post by The Dog Walker »

Got it second hand and previously used by a painter. I have a picture but can't find a way to upload it!! It's down below the switch for adjusting headlamp height and mirror adjustment

Bick

Post by Bick »

It sounds like someone has put in an extra switch maybe for a worklight or something - very difficult to say without pictures, even then i may still not recognise it?
Carsten S
My Cars: 2001 Citroen C5 V6 aut.

Post by Carsten S »

Does not sound original to me - They don't have rocker switches with red LED's from factory.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Image added to earlier post.
Bick

Post by Bick »

well its not standard, like i said maybe work light now disconnected although i have heard of a switch being added to vehicles now which stops the miles going on the clock! Switch it on and check?
Carsten S
My Cars: 2001 Citroen C5 V6 aut.

Post by Carsten S »

Bick wrote:although i have heard of a switch being added to vehicles now which stops the miles going on the clock! Switch it on and check?
I don't think it's that easy on a PSA car. The mileage is stored in the speedometer it self, the BSI, end ECU. Highest number wins. Ie. if you install a 50K clock in a 100K car, the clock will then be at 100K now, and thats not reversible.
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

Could the vehicle have had a roof beacon fitted at some stage?

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Carsten S wrote:
Bick wrote:although i have heard of a switch being added to vehicles now which stops the miles going on the clock! Switch it on and check?
I don't think it's that easy on a PSA car. The mileage is stored in the speedometer it self, the BSI, end ECU. Highest number wins. Ie. if you install a 50K clock in a 100K car, the clock will then be at 100K now, and thats not reversible.

Trust me they can fit this to any vehicle, its big business on lease vehicles that have a 6k limit. It costs about, from what i hear, about £300. However it is usually removed before the end of the lease and no one is the wiser unless you know what you are looking for.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I recall seeing something like this on one of the BBC programs. The Police had confiscated a lorry that had had its' tachograph modified so that it could be turned off. One of the side effects was that the speedometer (and related equipment, including the governor) was also turned off. The Police took it out on a motorway (suitable chaperoned by a pair of Police vehicles) and opened her up. The Policeman driving the lorry was obviously startled when he got told over the radio that he had just passed 100MPH!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I regularly drove an elderly Volvo B10M coach where if you turned the key back one notch it cut off all the electrics, that was all gauges, tachograph, speed limiter etc and it would absolutely fly! It was good fun on the A90 from Aberdeen to Dundee when we did rail replacement services, guys in their brand new coaches at their 100 kmph limiter, 62 mph really glowering at me with this 15 year old school bus flying past them, must of been at least 80 lol
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2