What's this VPecker?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

What's this VPecker?

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I had an email this morning from EasyD offering this Vpecker at half price, what is it, is it an alternative for Lexia or just a multi car code reader?
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: What's this VPecker?

Post by vborovic »

I think it is hard to expect a mere 11 MB program to run as a 2 GB Lexia (functionality wise)
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

vborovic wrote:I think it is hard to expect a mere 11 MB program to run as a 2 GB Lexia (functionality wise)
I wasn't "expecting" anything, just asking the question.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's probably one of those one for all kits that purports to do many jobs for many cars. I've just been on their website and the English is appalling, so that wouldn't inspire me for a start, not that that means much, but to be honest I wouldn't trust it on my car. The only advantages to this is that it seems to be Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatible. It is probably ideal for a garage that does a lot of different vehicles that just wants to read and clear codes and do a few basic things. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be able to do the more technical stuff nor cover the range of vehicles that a dedicated peice of kit like the Lexia / Diagbox will. I would also find it hard to believe that they could possibly keep up with all the technical changes for every manufacturer and model too! It's a big enough job for one manufacturer!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Thanks GMB, I didn't look too much into it myself, I wondered how, if at all, it compared to Lexia as even with their half price offer it's still more money than a complete and latest Lexia set up.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly, I find things like this offered in unsolicited emails or in Facebook adverts tends to be rubbish... Bit like the crap they try to sell to the gullible from the back of TV Listings guides and the like...

My dad has been a glutton for the latter and has bought several rubbishy Android tablets and so-called smart-phones from such sources... All junk that didn't sell through normal channels and fit only for the bin and a complaint to trading standards...

I recently got caught out with a set of bike lights offered in a Facebook advert. Got my money back and got to keep the (albeit not fit for purpose) lights...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

This email was from Easy Diagnostics Jim, they seem to be well respected here.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote:This email was from Easy Diagnostics Jim, they seem to be well respected here.
Yes, that's true... I'd not think they'd hawk crap...

I thought it was from a random email you received...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Gibbo2286 wrote:This email was from Easy Diagnostics Jim, they seem to be well respected here.
So did I and probably most members; no disrespect to Jim at Easy, but they are just a distributor. I always wherever possible do additional research on the manufacturer first on anything like this as it tends to give you a better feel for what you are buying and the quality of the product. Anything that is similar to 'we do cheapy pricey for you' I won't touch. To me if any company wants to sell internationally and has an 'English' language website then they should get it translated or written correctly. A three year old could do better and this doesn't lend credibility to a product or company IMO.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Marc, I totally agree!
Jim