Relay cp1 diesel pump seal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Relay800
My Cars: Citroen relay

Relay cp1 diesel pump seal

Post by Relay800 »

Hi all I have a 2003 relay with a leaking fuel pump,she starts and drives fine but has an annoying leak..I have seen that seal kits are cheap enough but can't seem to find any information on replacing them, has anyone any experience of changing the seals, also is a puller needed to remove the pump sprocket from its taper? Thanks in advance
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Relay cp1 diesel pump seal

Post by myglaren »

I haven't the foggiest but those who know these things will want to know the make of pump.

And welcome to the FCF :) :welc:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, I don't recognise that designation either... What engine is fitted and where precisely is the pump leaking?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Sorry I cannot be of more help except to say that the Bosch CP1 series of pumps is very reliable and long lived. It has two issues to the best of my knowledge. The most common being the high pressure regulator. This is an easy fix.
The other issue, well you have it on yours.
Your van probably has either the DW10 2L hdi or the dw12 2.2hdi. The good news is that both if these generally outlive the vehicles they are fitted to.
You can try out your skills in fitting the seal kit and let the rest of us know how to do it. You can always have the fall back position of having already located a replacement pump. Or you can just fit a used replacement.
Some of the people on here have already swapped out pumps. They may be willing to send you their old one so you can do a dismantle and reassembly process before trying the live job.
fynnbar

Post by fynnbar »

I've done a couple of these.
If you're brave, do the whole lot, but some of the o-rings and nylon washers are very fiddly, as is reinstalling the three piston / spring assemblies. Be methodical, take your time and lay each assembly out in order as you dismantle.
Otherwise, just remove the end cover (I'm guessing it's leaking from the end seal where the shaft protrudes) and replace that seal. The drive pulley is on a taper, so a couple of slaps with a rubber hammer on the shaft will get it off
2004 Dispatch 110 HDi