grand picasso 1.6hdi how to remove the scuttle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paultintin
My Cars: C4 grand picasso 1.6 hdi

grand picasso 1.6hdi how to remove the scuttle

Post by paultintin »

Hi I am trying to get at the egr valve on my 1.6hdi grand picasso I have remove air intake pipes ,maf sensor and turbo pipes,fuel filter+bracket , using a telescopic mirror I located the 2 bolts for the egr and could undo them but couldn't release it from the cooler. I tried to remove the scuttle etc to gain better access I removed both wiper arms and all clips along the front and the clips for the heat protection carpet stuff buy the scuttle wouldn't come off it seemed stuck on do I'm guessing there are further screws or clips that I can't find. There doesn't appear to be a haynes manual for these cars and I can't find any videos or guides to help remove the scuttle so any help i would be very grateful. Car has depollution system faulty and lost power won't rev over 2500-3000 rpm so figured I'd start at the egr and work from there. Thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: grand picasso 1.6hdi how to remove the scuttle

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You can get hold of EGR cleaning sprays that can normally clean out the EGR valve if you follow the instructions. It might be worth trying that first.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
paultintin

Post by paultintin »

I might look into it but wanted to take it off to see how blocked it is. I have done a few bits to it like the common problem of the screws holding the injectors down work loose so tightened them (7mm allen key) and the car sounded so much quieter also done the water drain tubes on the scuttle/wheel arch and recently took the air doseur off and cleaned it out and resealed as there had been a small oil leak dripping onto the alternator. ( all common faults). Now got this depollution system faulty. Going to get it hooked up to a diagnostic machine in next few days see what that comes up with. Thanks for the reply very useful

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Part of this vid from about 1 min in shows you how to get the scuttle off - it's not too difficult.

To get the EGR valve off, you will need to remove the fuel filter and bracket, and probably the battery too to allow removal of the air filter housing. You need a pair of Clic pliers to spring the clip on the cooler, but get the repair clip from the dealer to refit it, which is a screw up type (although getting the screw started will try your dexterity!!) I doubt the EGR is your problem, but it will be worth cleaning it out anyway!
Richard W
paultintin

Post by paultintin »

Thanks great find on that video. I had undone everything he has so mine just must be stuck on the wiper arm seals and just need a firmer pull. I'm waiting on a diagnostic which should be tomorrow but thought I'd do all the basics while I wait as they can only help. It could be the dpf that's at fault hopefully it's something simple but really appreciate the advice and great help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk