Watch out diesel lovers.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Watch out diesel lovers.

Post by Deanxm »

I fail to see how making a joke of it deminishes the seriousness of the issue, the fact is some believe electric cars will answer our prayers when in fact they will change nothing, unless batteries are made of grass and electicity comes from tree's which last time i checked it did not.
The statement above sums up how i feel completely, the point is you could power your car with fairy dust for all i care, it wont make a dot of difference, the population is becoming too large and we expect too much, it cannot be sustained in a manor to which we are used to, we have been here maybe 200'000 years, a little over 100 of which we have achieved global industrialisation, and now we are running into trouble? you think we can prop ourselves up for another 1000 years or even 500? with solar panels? and when you think the population has grown from about 2billion people in 1927 (1 billion was only reached shortly after 1800) to 9 billion today and still growing at a phenominal rate you dont have to be einstien to work out we may be in trouble, especially considering our industry is what has allowed this quantity of people to be fed and watered, even with our current plentifull (dirty energy we struggle), you cant take a less energy rich form of power than oil and do more with it.

Farmland has desicrated forest, people go on about the countryside, we dont have one! the whole of the UK was a forest, now its a wasteland for growing our food in or rearing our animals.

My view on renewables is that they cannot and never will meet our nergy demands, they cannot now and they wont in the future, this is why i laugh at people campaining for "greener" energy, bull poop! hows buying a new car going to do that?, trying to justify keeping their current lifestyle more like.
When someone stands up and says we are turning the lights off and banning cars, oh and having children along with it then i will show some respect, i will also do whatever i can to make them go away because life is short and we dont want to spend our days eating grubs living in a tree and never going anywhere, our inteligence and curiosity is our undoing.

soooooooo, Dolphins and beans it will be, the question is when will it happen, not if.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Post by BenC5HDi »

Greener energy is mostly useless for meeting our demands. Nuclear is the only sane way.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Deanxm wrote:I fail to see how making a joke of it deminishes the seriousness of the issue..
When someone stands up and says we are turning the lights off and banning cars, oh and having children along with it then i will show some respect, i will also do whatever i can to make them go away because life is short and we don't want to spend our days eating grubs living in a tree and never going anywhere, our intelligence and curiosity is our undoing.
soooooooo, Dolphins and beans it will be, the question is when will it happen, not if.D
Agreed.
White Exec wrote:Sorry to be a wet blanket
Yes - You are a wet blanket,
White Exec wrote: ...apart from a handful of helpful and rational comments, most of the posts are just idiotic nonsense.
If someone is going to open a thread that is not a "How do I fix this" issue, you should expect debate and opinion. Any topic like this is likely to invoke strong emotion and will inevitably descend into other 'spheres' of thought. For many of us here who spend lots of hours on and off line, helping others supplying technical know-how, resources and give freely of our own time, a little light hearted relief is more than welcome. And now just to add, Gene Roddenberry had it right all those years ago - Matter and Anti-Matter - that'll solve the energy issue. That's one of the things they are using the Hadron Collider in Cern for.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

BenC5HDi wrote:Greener energy is mostly useless for meeting our demands. Nuclear is the only sane way.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I agree but if you replace every power station in the country with neuclear...................thats almost a bomb for everyone...... it is a far cleaner solution though and sustainable and on demand, just need to stump up the cash to fire the waste off into space, until 'Darkpeace' is founded in 2099 to stop our desicration of space that is.

As above, we dont do politics here though, politics IS bad for your health.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Deanxm wrote:As above, we dont do politics here though, politics IS bad for your health.
Well said....thread locked before it gets too far out of hand :-D
Richard W