C5 2.0. 8 valve injector leak off test results?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

C5 2.0. 8 valve injector leak off test results?

Post by Peter.N. »

I have just done the leak off test on this car but the results seem inconclusive, could I have some opinions. I'm pretty certain there is an injector problem but this doesn't seem to help a lot.

Results. Cylinders 1 and 4 are about the same, cylinder 2 is producing about 10% more and cylinder 3 about 10% less this is using 125ml bottles which were about 3/4 full after about 10 minutes.

Can anyone interpret that for me? I was hoping one would be full up and the others nearly empty. :wink:

Peter
coastline taxis

Re: C5 2.0. 8 valve injector leak off test results?

Post by coastline taxis »

the injectors in the 8 valve engines are realy reliable and will do 100s of thousands of miles. what mileage has the car done and what makes you think theres a injector fault
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

So I believe, my 406 has done nearly 250k on the originals as far as I know. This one has done something over 200k but has developed a few weird faults. It stalls very easily when you pull away especially when cold, it dies on you sometimes when you put your foot down to overtake, it sometimes feels as though it wanting to die on you although most of the time its OK and you can't induce the problem. The latest thing is uneven running and clouds of white smoke and a bit of a knock occasionally.

It feels as though he rail pressure is low, I have already change the HP pump and regulator for another poor starting fault and its been OK since, so I am running out of ideas.

Peter
coastline taxis

Post by coastline taxis »

1st thing id do is unplug the mass air flow and see if the car gets worse. if it does then the mass is ok if it stays the same then i would check the wiring and if thats ok then a new mass air flow. is it a 90 or a 110 if its a 110 then also check the dozer valve and vacum pipes to it
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

The problem is that all the faults are intermittent, most of the time its OK. Its a 110 by the way. If you have had experience with these can you suggest why my 'new' 406 which has done less miles that the old one and drives perfectly is doing about 10 mpg less than my old one. This indicated mpg and brim to brim tests. Changed the MAF for the one off the good car, no difference.

Thanks, Peter.