C5 LEXIA

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

exasperated
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 3 litre

C5 LEXIA

Post by exasperated »

Hello all, which is the best model of the LEXIA reader for the C5 II? To date I have had no luck in getting my car started. I have replaced the fuel filter and removed the pump, which works fine. The next step is to perhaps invest in a reader, hence my question. however I have no experience with this type of instrument. Are they user friendly? From the images on the Internet they look to have a smallish screen, so can they be linked to a laptop? Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C5 LEXIA

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The system provided by Easy Diagnostics is pretty good (although it is not the cheapest). The fact that they keep selling out speaks volumes. The don't have a screen of their own, as you use them connected to a computer (as far as I am aware all Lexia clones are PC peripherals). They don't come with usage instructions (none of them do), as they are not an officially sanctioned system (PSA will train their mechanics in their usage, as it is THEIR system). The also need to used in a 32bit runtime environment (and mine emphatically says "Do not install Windows 10"), so if you have a PC/Laptop running a 64bit O/S you will need to set up a 32bit virtual machine with clean access to the USB systems. I have an E/D Lexia, and it shows all 3 C5 variants (and I am running 7.15 DiagBox). Here is their link;

http://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/#/shop ... t/10015520
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: C5 LEXIA

Post by Stickyfinger »

Try a start with some Easy START [downstream to prevent damage to] of the MaF, that would point towards a fuel pressure problem.

Does it crank slow ?.....
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting