Picasso 2.0Hdi Fuel Pump Relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ChrisMads
New User
My Cars: Picasso 2.0Hdi

Picasso 2.0Hdi Fuel Pump Relay

Post by ChrisMads »

Evening all, my 52' Picasso 2.0Hdi has an intermittent starting / running fault which I believe its due to an intermittent fuel pump relay - car turns over but fails to start, no sound from the pump in the tank / cuts out while driving. Go back to car later and it'll run fine for days?

I've replaced the fuel filter and couldn't see any metal filings, and due to intermittent nature am I correct to assume pump in tank is fine?

Problem is I cant find the fuel pump relay (brown multi-function relay)? Most pictures I've seen show it next to the glow plug relay, but I've got the coolant preheat relays there?

Cheers, Chris
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Picasso 2.0Hdi Fuel Pump Relay

Post by wheeler »

If it has com2000 (which a 52 reg most likely will) then the brown 'double' relay is an integral part of the under bonnet fuse box & not a separate part.
ChrisMads wrote: I've replaced the fuel filter and couldn't see any metal filings, and due to intermittent nature am I correct to assume pump in tank is fine?
Not at all, the pumps can still be failing without any indication in the filter housing, they also normally start off intermittent. The pumps are certainly more common to fail rather than the fusebox/relay. next time it stops try thumping the underside of the tank with your hand, this normally starts the pump going again.