AX Electric window motor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jaws77

AX Electric window motor

Post by jaws77 »

Has anyone had any experience inchanging the motor for the window in an ax. Mine has packed up and could do with some pointers on replacing it.
Cheers.
puc
My Cars:

Post by puc »

not for an ax but mines a pug 405.
rear drivers side e/w motor hasn't worked for 6 months. so i got hold of a s/h assembly (motor/gearing/cables etc) and because i am lazy, left it till now. i didnt fancy changing all this kit so i decided just to swap motors. i found the old one was waterlogged and very rusty. after a thorough cleanup and lube and reseal, pushed the old motor back in and voila it works fine. annoys me that the motor is not available separately and you've no chance of replacement brushes etc.
might be worth checking the motor over in yours
jaws77

Post by jaws77 »

OK i'll have a look, just being lazy. Couldn't arsed to take the door card off and try and get it out!!!
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

I think you will find the AX motor is held on just by 3 small bolts ( possibly M6 - its been a few years ). You will need to remove the whole assemly to get at it. The motor is very standard to a lot of Citroen/Peugeot ones. You will find a motor in a breakers yard without much difficulty I am sure.
Well over 10 years ago I modified a friends manual window AX just by removing the manual winder ( held on by 3 rivets I think) and bolting on a couple of motors from an old Pug. Did the same to a Pug 205 GRD as well. A very cheap electric window upgrade using only a couple of scrapyard motors and 3 switches. On the 205 you can even buy the switch mounting pods that fit in the front door pockets.
The joys of youth - when you mess around with cars because you enjoy it, not because you can't afford to pay someone else to [:)]
Neil