Turbo Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

Ian- thanks for the tip! I will give them a ring later today.
Some more info I have found is that the ZX td engine uses a KKK K14 turbo, of which there are around 20 part numbers for. Apparantly, after speaking to Turbo-technics, the 1.8 engine (BX etc) uses a SMALLER compressor than the 1.9 engine, but runs at a higher boost setting!
Possible swaps on the list at the moment are KKK unit from vw engine (115ps, also K14) or KKK from vw 2.5tdi (K03 but compressor might be interchangeable). The other easier option is maybe to get a garret unit, and send it to turbotechnics who will install a custom compressor either in a)the original housing machined out to fit, or b) a completely new compressor housing. This will obviously cost though.
Cheers!
IanD
My Cars:

Post by IanD »

Very interesting mate...........especially that K03 from the 2.5tdi!! [8D]
Let me know how you get on, I'm very interested [:)]
Cheers,
Ian
mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

No problem, i'll post what i can discover....
cheers
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Allard in Monmouth impressed me when I went there to have my KKK boosted from 0.8 to 1.15 bar.
They had a 2.5 tdi 4x4 in their workshop which they were working on for the Paris to Dakar rally. They'd made a massive intercooler for it and said it gave 250 bhp and loads of torque.
They also had a Peugeot 106 diesel which they'd added a turbo and intercooler and it was giving just over 200 bhp. They were going to use it for racing.
If you need to speak to an expert then give Allard a go.
They've got a good website too.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

A 106 with a turbo? Now that sounds like the engine Peugeot should have put in it from the start [}:)] 200Bhp from a 1.5 engine is mighty impressive.
Allard certainly do know there stuff and have a very good reputation but certainly charge accordingly!