Question for c1 owners

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Question for c1 owners

Post by daviemck2006 »

Ok so mine is a pug 107, but apart from headlights they are identical! It's about the clutch. I know these have a reputation for poor clutches, and the clutch on mine seems ok after 54000 miles. But, the clutch pedal is higher than the brake pedal, by quite a bit. I haven't played with the adjustment yet, as apart from this there seems no problems. If I remember correctly my last one wasn't a big difference. How is the clutches on yours?
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Question for c1 owners

Post by CitroJim »

On mine l believe it's fine but after all this talk of maladjusted clutch cables I'm going to check mine.

I'll report back....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The clutch problems were apparently caused by incorrect adjustment at the factory , Citroen revised the adjustment procedure & there is now a very specific adjustment procedure that involves also adjusting the pedal stop aswell if i remember right. I'll have a dig around my archives tomorrow & see if i can find it.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Wheeler, thanks! That will be incredibly valuable to us C1/107 owners...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

That would help in my case wheeler. I think the clutch is ok, but just the pedal seems very high. At 54k my one is in the region that the clutches go with the larger 190mm unit, the earlier 180 mm if not looked after can go in as little as 20k. Even tho I know Shaun has abused this car for a year, most of his mileage is in the country with little gear changing, so I'm hoping it's ok.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is there a way to upload PDF files to a thread on this forum ? I have the pedal & cable adjustment files here but don't know what to do with them ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Not into the forum Wheeler but they can be uploaded into a Forum Wiki article...

If you don't want to yourself then one of the admins can do the necessary for you...
Jim