Xantia door lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xf1ref
My Cars: C5 2.0 HDI 163hp

Xantia door lock

Post by xf1ref »

Hello to all,
For some time I have a problem with the left lock door mechanism from the rear.
The symptom is like the electric engine from the mechanism has not enough power. The engine can be heard but without no clank sound...the specific sound when the door is lock and unlock.
Until now I have changed three door lock mechanism but all behave the same. I even changed the electric engine with another one from front door mechanism.
Xantidote
My Cars:

Re: Xantia door lock

Post by Xantidote »

Well, I've never seen the inside of a door lock before, and no wish to. With your saying that this is the third lock you've fitted, and they all show the same problem, then I wonder if the problem lies elsewhere, and my first thought would be with the electrics. Maybe one of the cables has some physical damage or corrosion which, whilst allowing some power though the cable, is acting as a throttle/restriction and not allowing the full amps that the lock really needs. You could check this with a temporary jump lead.
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I would check the concertina grommet between the rear door and pillar. On my last Xantia the rear locks were not working, due to failed wiring in both grommets.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It is good to know they can be fixed :D

How do you take them apart to access the insides?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:It is good to know they can be fixed :D

How do you take them apart to access the insides?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:rofl2:

That's one way Steve!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xf1ref
My Cars: C5 2.0 HDI 163hp

Post by xf1ref »

I also checked all the locks directly on battery, but the behavior is the same for all. I even changed the eletric engine with one from front door lock, but same result. I destroyed a whole set of locks to remove the electric engine for left rear door lock...that why I think the wires are good...maybe I have bad luck.
To acces the insides you have to cut the head of the rivet with a powerdrill and to remove all three screw...is not complicated.
Inside is the mechanism and the switch for interior lights and the indicator light for doors in the dashboard.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent! Good to know :D
Jim