Snap!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

superloopy
My Cars:

Re: Snap!!

Post by superloopy »

Unfortunately i dont have 'at home' recovery although i do have full breakdown across any car and recovery nationwide. In this case i was only 50m from my drive so have needed to arrange recovery by the local indie. Not sure how he'll pick it up but as she still runs then it shouldnt be a problem to tow her. Managed to find a replacement clutch cable in the shed and am waiting on a clip.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

I discovered to my cost that the original cables are not compatible with the new white plastic link ('clip'). With the re-design, the diameters of both the cable nipple and the tubular part of the link were increased. The larger tube allows an old, smaller, nipple to twist and jump out of the spring clip.

If anyone else comes to change an original cable, and thus needs to cut the head off the clutch pedal pivot-bolt, the ideal tool is a one of those vibrating multi-cutters.

Full write-up in the wiki

There's no problem towing a 1.9TD with failed clutch release on a rope - provided the engine is running, brakes, power-steering, lights and indicators will all work. Just be gentle on the brakes or you may snap the tow-rope! Done it twice, once when the clip went originally and a second time when the nipple jumped out of the new clip.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

That wiki link doesn't work for me. Can someone else gove it a try please? Car's just been picked up alongwith new cable. They say they have stock of clips ... let's see how it goes but thanks for the heads up advice regarding the new clip.

Mike

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Works a treat for me Mike.. Currently on Win7 and IE11
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Works for me too Mike.
Try a computer rather than a phone.
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

I very rarely use a computer these days (used to be EMC/HP SAN storage second line support in my former life until i woke up and realised that there's more to life than the daily grind!). It's mainly my smartphone (yes, it's got a big screen) thats used daily. Got a room full of servers that just sit there chugging along with scant regard to cost. Really should virtualise them onto one unRAID platform. Next years task maybe [WINKING FACE]

Mike

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Plenty to keep you busy then Mike :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...