C3 Auto Headlights Turning Off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

C3 Auto Headlights Turning Off

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Having some intermittent issues with my mother's 2007 C3 1.6 HDI Exclusive regarding the auto lights. Have searched topics here but can't find the specific issue:-
When Auto lights are on, they will on occasion, whilst driving switch themselves off (!) and at other times they will go from main beam to dipped beam or again completely off. The only way to stop this happening is to switch them to manual. I didn't actually believe her when she told me :roll: as every time I went to check them outside they worked OK (typical), until once I sat in the car with the engine running and waited for a while and sure enough, they went off with the display saying 'Info - Auto lights off' / 'Auto lights on' or similar. Major apology :oops:

Main dealer couldn't find a problem as of course it is intermittent. I have checked the VOSA recalls and found that there were several for faulty sensor rings on the windscreen that needed replacing. Our car comes into the VIN range for this, but Citroen say this was done - but I'm not too sure - they seemed a bit vague looking at their records, so I left them with the recall notices and will wait to hear from them.

Meanwhile I've ordered up a Lexia Diagbox kit from Easydiagnostics yesterday, as recommended here by other members and will try and get it to see what is happening when connected up. At least I'll hopefully get some idea from this of the cause. I've heard some members talking about the Comms 2000 unit - but I've had no other issues linked with this problem occurring. It's also very low mileage for the year (30k)! so does under 2k a year. I would expect if it is the Comms 2000 unit that she would be getting other problems, but this seems very specific. Any thoughts from those with similar problems appreciated.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Re: C3 Auto Headlights Turning Off

Post by old-un77 »

my xsara Pic would drop main beam to dipped, and front fogs off, occasionally for a few weeks before the comms 2000 failed, to abs fault....steering wheel air bag........

Bob
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C3 Auto Headlights Turning Off

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Cheers Bob - Haven't had any of those other issues at all - and it behaves on manual, so roll on Diagbox and Laptop delivery tomorrow so I can diagnose away! I did find a really in-depth section on the Comms2002,3,5 etc., by Arfur Dent on the C3 Owners Forum: http://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t467.html. This could be a great resource for any DIY repairs / replacements if it comes down to that being the issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc