C5 MK1 > MK1.5 facelift?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IHateMySelf
My Cars: Citroen C5 HDI 2.2 Auto 2001 (51)

C5 MK1 > MK1.5 facelift?

Post by IHateMySelf »

Hey,

odd question but, is it possible to grab the bonnet, bumper lights and wings from a MK1.5 face lift and swap it onto a MK1? I had a few Volvo's in the past and this was possible on many cases.

Thanks!
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 MK1 > MK1.5 facelift?

Post by vborovic »

This is the same question that wurly (or maybe someone else) already asked quite a while ago, the conclusion was that some things are slightly different and that it wouldn't work without some body modifications ... if I recall correctly that is ...
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Yep it was me that floated the idea.
I think it looks entirely do-able, but not tried it yet due to not finding one the right colour/price/locality (£250 is the best I've so far been quoted for good condition used parts in the right colour and that is outrageously expensive).
You don't need to swap the wings imo - they look the same, just the bonnet, bumper, lights, slam panel and undertray (plus possibly wiring tbc)
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
IHateMySelf
My Cars: Citroen C5 HDI 2.2 Auto 2001 (51)

Post by IHateMySelf »

Aw yes, the wiring I forgot that part. On the Volvo's you had to either swap the loom or splice into the per-existing one which wasn't a problem if you knew what you where doing.

Although with the MK1.5 C5 you had swiveling headlights that turn with the steering wheel.... Not sure how you would retrofit that to work?

BTW, thanks for letting me use the Lexia last week, at least it put my mind at ease. However recently going through some Gumtree ad's there are some magnificent examples going for really cheap so not sure if I should keep this one now? :)
Lapik
My Cars: Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.6i 2005
Citroen C5 Break 2.0i 16v Sxi 2004
Past:
Peugeot Partner 2.0Hdi 2002
Citroen Berlingo 1.6i 2007 with Modutop

Post by Lapik »

Dug out an old topic due to personal needs. As my pre facelift C5 headlights are knackered with dull lenses and crooked reflectors (cant align them correctly), I started to find a replacement. As the fron bemper is also seen better days, I was thinking about fitting a FL bumper and lights. Took a parts catalogue to help me, I quickly discovered that body itself in terms of front end is the same, only bolt-on items are different. I don't know about connectors for lights, but I think they should be different, as pre-FL has foglights in headlights and FL models have them in bumper.