c5 squeal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kevino
My Cars: i have a c5 vtr which i love.
Ive had, visa GT, 2cv, dyane, BX X 5, 2x xsaras, mark 1&2.

c5 squeal

Post by kevino »

Hi guys i have a c5 2.0 hdi mark1 saloon diesel non automatic. Recently I have noticed when I go around corners that if the car is under acceleration i get a squeal from the front. It doesn't happen in a straight line, and also if the car is free wheeling it doesnt happen when turning. Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Cheers Kev.
I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my granddad, not screaming like his passengers
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: c5 squeal

Post by lexi »

Tyre squeal? or mechanical noise?
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Turning left, right, or both? I had a grating noise one time on a BX, when turning one way, which turned out to be the brake disc catching on the disc's weathershield.
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
kevino

Post by kevino »

definately mechanical noise! it happens both ways left and right. I will try and capture the noise on camers and post it on youtube. watch this space for search terms to get to video. I will try to capture it in the next couple of days.
I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my granddad, not screaming like his passengers
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

A belt skidding when the power steering is under load maybe?
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
kevino

Post by kevino »

Hi guys thanks for the replies, and sorry it has taken me so long to reply ! The problem was the drive shafts giving up the ghost. Anyway, I have resolved the problem as I have got rid of the C5 and bought myself a Xsara mark 2, 2 litre HDI, 110BHP. Great car.
The C5 was getting a bit long in the tooth, it had done 195000 miles and had an engine fault which nobody could find the cause of. Id changed the EGR, MAS, top cam sensor the clutch pedal switch and had the ecu looked at but the fault never went away.