esp/asr fault periodic and no antipollution fault.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kseagle
My Cars: Citroen C5 Estate (break) 2.0 16v from year 2004

Re: esp/asr fault periodic and no antipollution fault.

Post by kseagle »

First of all. I think it's so nice to see all of you who are using your time to respond. I've had more respons on this single topic than all of the topics in the Danish forum all together I had put up over time.

From what I'm reading from all of you, is that it could be almost a million things that will give me that ESP light. I'm looking forward to get the car read out.

And update: I've haven't had the light the last few days (will still get the car read out). Every time I get in the car and before I start i just press the brake one time and then the gas pedal, and then start as normal and the ESP light goes out just like it should. I don't know what to think about that because that doesn't make any sense at all.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Did you try what happens when you turn off the ESP (I think you should have the esp off button somewhere), does it kick back in after you pass approx. 50 km/h? Everytime?
kseagle

Post by kseagle »

Yes I have the ESP button to turn the system off/on. I haven't tried to see if it turns back on automatic when i hit 50 km/h and over, but that's an easy test I will have the answer to later :-)

But the function off turning it of and on when the car idle is working like a charm. Even when the ESP light is on I can still turn the system off, but not on because it will then tell me it's malfunction.
kseagle

Post by kseagle »

By the way. If it where a ABS sensor wouldn't it light up the ABS light also? I have a light for ABS as well.
panosskier
My Cars: Citroen C5 2006 1.6 diesel

Post by panosskier »

I had the same problem as you! Esp/Asr fault was appearing on the screen of my 1.6 diesel C5.
I just baught a used yaw sensor about 10 euros :lol: and I changed it. It was very easy! :) :)
Now the fault and the yellow triangle gone and it seems to be fine..the time will show!