04 Citroen dispatch serious leak.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Craigyboy
New User

04 Citroen dispatch serious leak.

Post by Craigyboy »

Hi there I'm new to the forum and looking for some help. I bought an 04 Dispatch 1.9d back in April and it has been running great until recently. The fault light came on and I got it plugged in and was told it was either injector begin control or a fuel pressure fault. It still ran ok while a bit lumpy but tonight I got home and it stalled in the driveway and when started up again was extremely rough sounding and stalled a few times more. I also noted that engine temp while I dangerously high was a bit higher than in used to seeing. I then noticed a trail of oil across the drive and a massive puddle from having only been sat there 10 minutes. I checked the oil and the level is abit low but still above minimum the underside of the engine is now filthy and the fuel rail is quite dirty although it always was a bit it's much worse now. Could the problem be related to the faulty injector? Any help I this would be massively appreciated guys.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 04 Citroën dispatch serious leak.

Post by Peter.N. »

If it has a fuel rail presumably its an Hdi. Is it oil on the rail or fuel and are you sure that its oil its leaking and not fuel? You don't usually get fuel leaking in any great quantity unless one of the injector return pipes has failed. Start it up with the bonnet open and see if you can locate the leak, if its coming from the high pressure side of the fuel system keep your hands and face well away.

Peter
BX
My Cars:

Re: 04 Citroën dispatch serious leak.

Post by BX »

If its a 1.9D its the old fashioned pump and injectors not common rail. If you post a picture of the engine bay it might help.