Saxo VTR wheel fitment!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Saxo VTR wheel fitment!

Post by daviemck2006 »

As long as the length from the end of the bolt to the start of the taper is the same length as my ones they will be ok, and a direct replacement for my genuine ones. The little bit of extra thread will make no difference.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I've come to this a bit late, BUT - as for "Scrapyards, ''throw em away mate'" f-w-i-w while that might be true when they remove wheels, trick is to find a car on 4 wheels (or more cars with less) & remove one bolt from each wheel (maybe even 2 if desperate) &, voila, a set of 4! Yes, to my surprise, there are still places that let you in to remove what you want.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I managed to get 4 wheel bolts for my C5 (to replace the P-O-S lock bolts!), and I didn't pay that much. Wokingham Car Spares, near to Reading.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

van ordinaire wrote:I've come to this a bit late, BUT - as for "Scrapyards, ''throw em away mate'" f-w-i-w while that might be true when they remove wheels, trick is to find a car on 4 wheels (or more cars with less) & remove one bolt from each wheel (maybe even 2 if desperate) &, voila, a set of 4! Yes, to my surprise, there are still places that let you in to remove what you want.

Now why didn't I think of that, maybe because there was no vtrs in the scrapyard and they[the staff/workers] are not really that helpful to someone who is spending just a few quid, 'have a look round mate, maybe you can find one' and don't forget the effing high vis jacket , I think that was what I was told.Saxos will become a car of the past and like those cars sooner or later dead and buried, all hail the Saxo[vtr] for it might not be here very much longer, judging by what I have seen or rather not seen in the scrapyards up North that day might be fast a coming, put together the increasing demand on line for parts and their sales I fear that buy it off the shelf will disappear in favour of the likes of ebay and other sites who sell car parts on line. :roll: .. . I'm done now, thanks for everyones help, and that includes even those that quote the obvious.
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

daviemck2006 wrote:As long as the length from the end of the bolt to the start of the taper is the same length as my ones they will be ok, and a direct replacement for my genuine ones. The little bit of extra thread will make no difference.
Thanks again for staying with me on this, your friendly advice is much appreciated.
I'm done now on this, so until the next time bfn take care you all
:) Rob
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

Any questions just give me a nod, know these cars inside out ;)

There seem to be fewer saxos in the scrapyard these days which never helps either.
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

My email checker flagged you had left a message, so I popped in, have to say without you and all the contributors on here I was stymied as to where to go with this, scrapyards have saxos but not vtrs and even less vts's they strip the wheels and find decent tyres for them from other scrappers and throw the bolts, that is not me saying this, this is scrappy workers. Fitted these bolts this morning and as you and others said/predicted fit like a dream and allow the wheels to turn and that in essence is what I wanted, eight quid all told post/packing, a bargain, somewhat better than smashed brake disc,caliper and hub which I presume would have happened if I took notice of one person in the street where I live who said just drive the f..k.r see what happens, but I am a wily bird, worked on cars for donkeys years where time and job allowed and know from experience if you do not check and check again and become impulsive it ends in tears.