Citroen c5 x7 dual mass flywheel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevec5

Citroen c5 x7 dual mass flywheel

Post by stevec5 »

Hi, has anyone tackled changing one of these? how difficult is it to get the bell housing off?
Bob L'eponge

Re: Citroen c5 x7 dual mass flywheel

Post by Bob L'eponge »

If yours is a 1.6Hdi, which is the only model I have worked on, I would say that this is a pretty straightforward job. Only tricky bit is accessing some of the bolts on the top of the bell housing which are obscured by a plastic moulding that carries the wiring harness. Also, there is a bolt at the front of the housing that can only be removed after you have taken off the Cat/ Particle filter. There is loads of room to play with once the front alloy subframe is removed, but to get this off without risking damaging the radiator you really need to remove the bottom hose of the radiator first.
stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

Mines the 2.0 hdi 165bhp - I was hoping to leave the subframe on and just draw the bellhousing back into the wheelarch leaving me enough of a gap to work in?
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Book time according to Citroen is 9.25 hrs. We took every minute of that and a bit more to do a clutch/flywheel change. Standard suspension is 8.50 but mines an Exclusive so different suspension. As far as i'm aware the subframe has to come out, it did on a 407 Pug we did previous to mine. It can be done it situ apparently but involves a lot of faffing about working around it. We had such a job doing it we just bit the bullet and took the bugger out. We did my MKI C5 the way you want to do it but the X7 was a different beast, the rear bracket that holds the turbo in situ was worthy of a full swear jar just trying to get it back on. From memory the bracket is attached to the bellhousing somewhere.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

I'm just looking at taking the front yoke off to make room to drop it - looks quite easy to get this off once the bottom hose is removed, with this off will the bell housing drop down or will I have to remove the rear section subframe aswell?
stevec5

Post by stevec5 »

I couldn't get the bell housing past the sub-frame and gave up after numerous attempts - so dropped the sub-frame, which turned out to be relatively easy , loads of room then and was able to drop the bell-housing to the floor.