Dispatch question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RPWC
My Cars: Former Citroen owner.

Dispatch question

Post by RPWC »

Hello, I'm a new member to the forum, although not new to Citroen,also a member of another car forum.
Just a quick enquirer, I have an 04 Dispatch 1.9 non turbo, I bought it3 years ago with 71000 on the clock,it's now on 97k, I heard that the interval for timing belt change was70k, some other info says 80k or10 years.
There is a sticker on the cam cover which indicates a belt change at 66k, as I do a lot of stopping and starting ,short runs, of a few hundred hardship at a time,and only 10/12miles to and from work,should I consider a belt change or will it be ok if changed at 66k
Last edited by RPWC on 27 Sep 2015, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Rich :wink:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Dispatch question

Post by Peter.N. »

I would have thought you would have been OK for a good few miles yet, stop start journeys shouldn't appreciably affect the belt life. I had a BX with an XUD engine which is similar to yours and the cam belt failed at 114k miles, I didn't know it hadn't been changed! I would think yours should be good for at least another 30k. The Hdi interval is 100k.

Peter
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Thanks Peter,mine is not the hdi engine, when it does become due,is it recommended to change the pulleys or tensioner too.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have never had a tensioner or idler fail on an XUD or hdi engine but I did change them on my 406 Hdi as one was plastic and they have a 100k recommended change. If the bearings sound OK they will probably go on on for at least another belt, give them a spin and see what they sound like. It might be an idea to change the water pump though.

Peter
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Will wait u til 10k them change it and belt,thanks for your help