Xantia - Central locking ECU questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lancia58
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD

Re: Xantia - Central locking ECU questions

Post by lancia58 »

Hi Jim

When programming a key the CPH transmits to the key the RF code and the key stores it on a none volatile memory , or the key transmits its factory programmed RF code to the CPH and from now on the CPH allows that key to lock/unlock the doors ?

Thanks
Zohar
Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia - Central locking ECU questions

Post by CitroJim »

lancia58 wrote:the key transmits its factory programmed RF code to the CPH and from now on the CPH allows that key to lock/unlock the doors ?
I believe that is how it works Zohar.. The key has a chip in it and that's the bit that's programmed by the CPH...

I also believe the key transmits a different code on each use - a so-called 'rolling code'. The CPH knows in advance what the next code will be, in fact it knows in advance what the next 50 or so codes will be to guard against loss of synchronisation should the plip buttons be pressed well outside the range of the car receiver...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...