01 xsara Picasso radio problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

01 xsara Picasso radio problem

Post by oscar »

Hi changed the radio other day as OE one the cd didn't work put a Blaupunkt one in but it's not switching off properly when remove key the light is still on with face off should flash as alarm.
Not used all week now battery flat anyone know what the score is? is it a snip and change round wires like had to do on some i remember just plugged in with the 3 plugs mind steering wheel controls don't work.
Is that a loom jobbie from Blaupunkt as remember parts list for using in Zanty before but thought as all plugs went straight in maybe become more sensible?
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: 01 xsara Picasso radio problem

Post by elma »

Usually 2 of the leads on the adaptor (red and yellow if I recall correctly) are on bullet connectors and interchangeable. Some cars are wired up with the permanent live on one of them and some on the other so its just a case of swapping the bullets around. If you've not got the bullet connectors then a bit of snip and change around, you'll need to look up the switched and permanent live colours and swap them around.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You could also (if you don't want to modify the wiring loom) buy an adaptor and then swap the two wires around. I did this in the past, and it worked for me.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Post by oscar »

Hi yes do have a short loom got with facia will have a check on wiring there not the most stable of wired cars and has some daft things like can't lock doors if handbrake is down so if need to leave with handbrake off like going away for while pr working on it you can't. If take battery off for charging can't lock doors!
Thanks for that info