CX PALLAS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peugaultcitroman

Re: Accusations and Assumptions Etc . . .

Post by peugaultcitroman »

Just to make it clear to anyone looking in . . . I am Gen, A Classic Car enthusiast, A French Car owner, Previous CPUK Member, Ex Renault Main Dealer employee, Who took it from the title French Car Forum, That it would be a friendly place to chat generally, or even one to one, with like minded people. I have had some nice helpful replies from some nice, normal people, but then I have also read, and until now, ignored, some replies that do not fit that category, And who's responses, comments and user names etc, seem a bit weird !! I am not esp computer literate, and new to Forums etc, So to the nice people out there, Thanks very much, and apologies if I have not yet replied. I often only get time to Log on quite late at night, and I've noticed most people are Offline then. I hope I have done nothing wrong or to offend anyone ? Regards . . Antony.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: CX PALLAS

Post by elma »

Don't worry Antony, we can tell you're an enthusiast and that you are new to forums.
I'm sure it won't take long to find your feet and get used to the flow of things here.

I personally aspire to own a CX. I've sat in a black S2 once with a sort of denim and white zigzag interior and it made a real impression on me. I was offered the car shortly afterwards, but being at uni declined it as it would have rotted in my ownership. One day I'll own an S1 gti/turbo/prestige I hope.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I think normal people are often treated with suspicion/opprobrium on the internet. It's a sad state of affairs.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I am sorry if my posts seemed strange and overly suspicious, having been on the internet a few years you get that way.
The initial posts were very short and were not at all "normal" ........but I suppose "what is" these days.

Internet BOTs are clever things.

I can if I wished. I can download a BOT (a small program) that will play a game for me and collect the names and IPs of the players, search that across the net and match to emails forums etc, this will also build up a score with the game which I can then sell via the internet.
I can also download a program that will collect any typed address on any forum if entered in the "normal" format.....the methods are endless, cheap and quite often very effective.

So, those of us who interact with the internet a substantial amount for work as well as play have over the years become (maybe) overly careful, this makes us very observant of posts that are very short or that "don't look quite correct" in comparison to "normal" ones for example. ( I hate that word :) )

That said....its great you are NOT a BoT so I will say again...Welcome
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
peugaultcitroman

Thanks Very much James from North Wales, Very nice of you. Shame you didn't get that CX. I don't remember that interior, but sounds very interesting. I'm more familiar with Series One tbh. Do you know why they got rid of the rolling drum instruments and changed to boring old Analogue dials ? I hope you manage to get a nice CX eventually.
No problem with people looking out for Trolls and other odd bods. I was prob tired when replying. Apologies to all if I sounded a bit off eg. I expect it's like that when a Newbie joins in to an established group.
elma

Post by elma »

Well it seems my memory is out of sync a bit, the interior was like this one. I remember it being a well sized petrol engine, maybe 2.5 maybe 2.0 I don't recall, prity sure it wasn't turbo.
Can't think why they lost the Barrel display, I love it and it's one of the reasons I'd choose Mk1. It is a shame I didn't get it but I may get another chance, I didn't have the space or knowledge to look after a car like that at the time.
peugaultcitroman

Hi . . . Thanks for Pic. Yes . . I agree re Seat covering, Very nice. I don't think some Car makers are daring enough these days. They should at least offer some trendy trim options other than the usual safe plain Black, Blue, Tan etc. So . . Do you like your Xantias then ? I've never even sat in one, but I like them. They have the Pneumatic Suspension don't they ? Were they or XM last to use it. Has Citroen given up on it now ? Did Xantia share anything with Renault 21, they seemed a bit alike possibly ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

peugaultcitroman wrote:Did Xantia share anything with Renault 21, they seemed a bit alike possibly ?
They shared the V6 (ES9J4, L7X) engine with some of the bigger Renaults but I think that was all...

Oh, and diesel injection pumps...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
peugaultcitroman

Hi CitroJim, Sorry delay. Thanks for reply. Is that V6 you mention a derivative of the PRV Douvrin V6, or did that die after many tweaks and upgrades etc ? My guess is that it did, and a totally new 60 degree V6 was born, and again used in many models inc Espace perhaps ?
My Bike runs on similar items, but currently the mixture is wrong and needs leaning out. The power to weight is all wrong and the engines a bit knackered ! HaHaHa.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The ES9J4 V6, the 'PR V6' bears no resemblance to the earlier PRV V6 at all. A completely new engine.. The PR is a 60 degree Vee for a start!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

peugaultcitroman wrote:So . . Do you like your Xantias then ? I've never even sat in one, but I like them. They have the Pneumatic Suspension don't they ? Were they or XM last to use it. Has Citroen given up on it now ? Did Xantia share anything with Renault 21, they seemed a bit alike possibly ?
Ooh a definate Xantia lover here. I first bought one aged 21 (me not it) having driven a friends 1994 Vsx, you can tell from my collection it made an impression. Xantias are on the hydropneumatic suspension and so is the Xm. Citroen c5 and c6 still use it in a different form but not all c5s, many are sprung. Citroen have announced the end of the system though, I think they said 2020. Some are unimpressed, I wonder if they are going to give us this system as seen on the c4 rally car. I wonder if it could be retrofitted onto a hydractive car, probably won't try though. Team wfa please feel free to make one on my behalf.

Now I have 2 Xantia aged 19 and 20, both are a little worse for wear. I'm planning a clutch change and big overhaul for the estate soon. It should be done already but setback after setback have delayed me, I'm slowly dealing with them rather than giving up so I'll get there. The hatch has an uncertain future which may include being a doner, finding a new owner or becoming my nice car the dog can't go in. The last option is unlikely as the tax and insurance on Xantias is steep to say the least but it is my favourite future for it.

My cars have a little blog here on the forum if you'd like a snoop. The latest posts show no progress as I'm broken at the moment, just been fixed today though so should be recovering shortly and getting back with it.
peugaultcitroman

Hi James . . . Thanks for that. I can see you like your Xantias. I really like the Saloon in certain colours, Burgundy springs to mind. they look quite long, Esp when Suspension is on Low setting.
So why are Citroen planning to stop the Hydropneumatic system ? My guess is Cost and Complexity, Maintenance, Desire for less roll in cornering maybe ? I guess these days all that can be achieved with computer controlled dampers, Struts, Coil Springs Etc, Though without some of the benefits of the HP system, Such as the extremes of travel Up and Down, Wheel Changing without a Jack, Magic Carpet Ride Etc ?
CGATCX25GTITURBO
Location: IN FRONT OF THE LAP TOP Residing in Hull, East Yorks
My Cars:

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

I've had a few CX's but only kept one
Neil aka CGAT
1986 CX25 GTI TURBO 1 SERIES 2 'CGAT'
1998 XANTIA 19TD ESTATE
1987 BX19 GTI 8V
2012 Citroen DS3
1997 600 Bandit
2000 ZX12R from new
1989 CX GTI Turbo 62k miles in a barn since 2001, project started 2023.