2.0 HDi Xantia high speed power loss but fine round town

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 2.0 HDi Xantia high speed power loss but fine round town

Post by CitroJim »

rory_perrett wrote:Does the Xantia ECU have a restricted performance mode?

Yes, it does. If the EML is on I believe the power is limited and the rev limiter cuts in at 3000rpm...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Similar fault on mine was EGR valve. Relocated vacuum pipe to cut out EGR valve and all was well - and still is..........and BTW, the engine oil stays cleaner an awful lot longer without it.
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën sAXo XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

CitroJim wrote:
rory_perrett wrote:Does the Xantia ECU have a restricted performance mode?

Yes, it does. If the EML is on I believe the power is limited and the rev limiter cuts in at 3000rpm...

rory_perrett / CitroJim

Thanks for that snippet of info ...

The Mrs has been driving it around town and although I knew it was revving over 3,000 rpm when it was on the ramps I thought it was worth a try to see if it was in a limp mode so I told her to rev it over 3,000 rpm in 2nd gear on the bypass .... she said she revved it to 4,000 rpm and she reckons as soon as it hit 4,000 rpm the orange engine light turned off and so far hasn't come back on =D>

Obviously it might only be temporary but only time will tell [-o<

Thanks guys =D>
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Great :-D

I believe, if the problem has resolved, it'll resolve in the ECU after ten starts...

The ECU should still have the fault stored (readable on a Lexia) but it'll be inactive...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Try swapping the connectors and pipes on the Vacum control valves over, one does the EGR (mines now blanked) and the other does the turbo, I could provoke the light by attempting to go fast ! but it went away after some restarts, turned out the valve was working, but not properly, I eventually replaced the valve and the car is now smoother and has far more power, 406 HDIs can donate the new part and they are pocket sized .
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.