Hydraurincage (maximum days)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Hydraurincage (maximum days)

Post by xantiagreen »

Total's Hydraurincage instructions are to drive the vehicle for between 930 - 3100 and then flush and refill with lhm, I suppose the more miles you drive the more the flush works to break up the build up, I would like to know is there a limit to the amount of time the flush stays in the systems as I only cover under 3000 miles a year it would take me 6 months or so to cover 1500 miles and as the flush doesn't have the beneficial properties of the LHM should the flush be kept in the system for a set amount of weeks.

Cheers
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
96 Xantia 2lt 16v Sx Olive green
01 Xantia 110 Hdi
Storm Grey (SOLD 4/11/18)

Temporarily driving Polo 1.9sdi

All I want is a Bx Gti or 16v!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Hydraurincage (maximum days)

Post by CitroJim »

I always believed 1500 miles was a good distance for it... No problem leaving it in a bit longer though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

Is there a maximum number of weeks that the flush should stay in the system regardless if you reach the recommended miles?

Cheers
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

stupidxantia

Post by stupidxantia »

Not to hijack or anything. But I have been advised not to use this stuff, apparently it will dislodge large particles of dirt and break my car by blocking up the LHM system pipes!

Is this just scare mongering or is it true?? I always thought that's what the filters were there for.
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

stupidxantia wrote:Not to hijack or anything. But I have been advised not to use this stuff, apparently it will dislodge large particles of dirt and break my car by blocking up the LHM system pipes!

Is this just scare mongering or is it true?? I always thought that's what the filters were there for.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :yikes: Is this ripleys believe it or not, I hope to use this fluid....
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

stupidxantia

Post by stupidxantia »

I was considering using it myself, However 4 people have told me not to because of the issue that I mentioned above (all 4 were old citroen owners)!
If it's absolute rubbish about the dirt clogging things up I'm sure an experienced forum person will tell us otherwise.

If it's just a tall tale then I will use it myself also as my system was in a bad way when I first got this car 2 years ago, so much so the LHM was nearly black ... needless to say it is now a healthy green. But still I would like to run a cleaner to get the junk out if it's not going to break the car :)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I would think if it has been done before and at Citroen recommended time scales, then it good to keep the cycle, I await the views of other on this interesting subject.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

xantiagreen wrote:Is there a maximum number of weeks that the flush should stay in the system regardless if you reach the recommended miles?
No time limit as far as I know..

I've heard of the warning not to use it but then, if a system is that mucky then it needs doing!!!

I'd recommend cleaning the LHM reservoir filters before refilling with the stuff as they can hold a massive amount of crud..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
beko1987
My Cars: 2002 Xsara HDI 110

Post by beko1987 »

I had Hydraurincage in my XM for 6 months/5000 miles and it was fine.

I did clean the (very filthy) filters out first though, then filled with Hydraurincage, then cleaned them again when that came out (they were black again) and refilled with LHM.

It could dislodge stuff that could break other stuff, but then said 'stuff' could break free at any time and do some damage!

Dont forget to bleed the rear brakes well, mine came out of at first, then a few minutes later ran black for a bit then bright green!
1997 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen XM
1994 Citroen ZX
1997 Citroen Xantia
2005 Renault Laguna
2001 Renault Laguna
2002 Peugeot 406

1997 Citroen ZX
2002 Citroen Xsara
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

CitroJim wrote:
xantiagreen wrote:Is there a maximum number of weeks that the flush should stay in the system regardless if you reach the recommended miles?
No time limit as far as I know..

I've heard of the warning not to use it but then, if a system is that mucky then it needs doing!!!

I'd recommend cleaning the LHM reservoir filters before refilling with the stuff as they can hold a massive amount of crud..
If the system did get blocked up with crud from using the hydraurincage , what do you need to listen/look out for or is too late to save the relevant parts that go kaput, is it the High pressure pump that takes the hit.

Cheers
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

beko1987 wrote:I had Hydraurincage in my XM for 6 months/5000 miles and it was fine.

I did clean the (very filthy) filters out first though, then filled with Hydraurincage, then cleaned them again when that came out (they were black again) and refilled with LHM.

It could dislodge stuff that could break other stuff, but then said 'stuff' could break free at any time and do some damage!

Dont forget to bleed the rear brakes well, mine came out of at first, then a few minutes later ran black for a bit then bright green!
Good to know flush is ok in system for 6 months, hope to use the flush sometime next year as it will have had the new lhm in for 3 years then but will have only covered under 10k, if it improves the ride then it's a bonus not that I've got any issues with the hydraulics (other than the pesky leak which was repaired)

:)
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi