S2 Xantia and models that use similar alternators

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

S2 Xantia and models that use similar alternators

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hello,

Upon removal of a very old S2 Xantia alternator 1998 today we noticed that the alternator bolts were all missing that hold the alternator casing together, The only thing holding the casing together was the mounting bracket on the Xud block.
I don't want to cause a panic but it might be worth some people keeping an eye on their alternator casing bolts
to make sure that none of them are lost. even more so if they have an Xud block or a Mk1 or S2 xantia built around 1998.
especially if your auxiliary /serpentine belt jumps off for no particular reason i.e. no apparent tensioner problems.

regards.

Nigel
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.